Region 1-A Early outlook 2022

THE KING

2 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Thanks pal.  Hampton has caught up to us with ability.  And I'm still waiting to hear about Sahara.  But hopefully it's nothing too serious 

Prayers from Hampton. I really hope it's nothing too serious. Schools of our size can't afford to lose any players, much less a player of Sahara's ability. 

3 minutes ago, dogtruth said:

Prayers from Hampton. I really hope it's nothing too serious. Schools of our size can't afford to lose any players, much less a player of Sahara's ability. 

To be honest, I thought we were toast.  I didn't think we would break that trap press once she went out but kenzie street and Blair shocked me.  Plus our big senior played like a senior should. 

9 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Anyone know the extent of Mckinney’s injury? I’m SO PROUD OF THE ROAN MTN GIRLS for Maintaining their Composure and FINISHING. Great Win Lady Landers I’m So Happy for You. You took down Not only the # 1 team in the State but your greatest Rival. I’m just filled with Joy for your Unbelievable Performance. It’s going to be a Tough rematch but i believe the confidence and perseverance that you displayed Tonight will serve you well through the next matchup and the rest of the Season. Congrats !!!

First of all WAY TO GO LADY LANDERS. They played with all heart last night. They lost their starting Star guard in first half and tried returning in 3rd quarter to try and gut it out but couldn’t. I know 22(Sis) all to well and if she could’ve finished out the game she would’ve. I hope and pray that it’s nothing season ending and nothing that will require surgery just for her sake. She is a sweetheart as are many of them on that team. We also had our Star Forward get 2 fouls on her in 1st Qtr and Matt had no option but to sit her down. That hurt big too. When Sis went out I seen some heads drop of players and we went down by like 12 think at one point in the game. But Matt made some adjustments in the Locker room and probably told those young Ladies that they were gonna have to step it up. Especially the Underclass girls. And BOY DID THEY DO THAT. Don’t get me wrong our usual Starters Rocked last night including our Seniors but those Younger girls including Kenz and Rae come off the bench and in my opinion helped in the come back and win. Now don’t get me wrong, Hampton is very well coached and a great team but no where near #1 in the State. I really feel with our usual 5 starters in against them that we are a 10 point better team. If you visited the State Tourneys last year and watched the likes of McKenzie and Wayne County you will see #1 teams. And no not because they beat us last year down there. They are just fast and well coached and most of their players can shoot the eyes out of it. Like I say, not taking anything away from Hampton. If anyone can get them a Gold Ball, it’ll b Carp as a Coach. It’ll be hard for us at Hampton to get another W but after last night I have all confidence in our Team. Heck I’d love to see Hampton make to State Tourneys and us too. As for Sis I am praying for no serious injury. For the rest of the Cloudland squad, hang in there y’all proved your toughness and heart last night. As for the young girls that came off the bench, Hats off to you Young ladies. Keep working hard and shoot all you can. We gonna need you more and more. Especially after we seen what y’all can do last night. And as for Birch, great Coaching. Great win for Lander Nation last night and way to represent. We gotta get behind these teams and cheer them on. They work their butts off daily on and off the Court. Long road to make it back to the Boro, But it’s very possible. 

3 hours ago, foreveranole said:

First of all WAY TO GO LADY LANDERS. They played with all heart last night. They lost their starting Star guard in first half and tried returning in 3rd quarter to try and gut it out but couldn’t. I know 22(Sis) all to well and if she could’ve finished out the game she would’ve. I hope and pray that it’s nothing season ending and nothing that will require surgery just for her sake. She is a sweetheart as are many of them on that team. We also had our Star Forward get 2 fouls on her in 1st Qtr and Matt had no option but to sit her down. That hurt big too. When Sis went out I seen some heads drop of players and we went down by like 12 think at one point in the game. But Matt made some adjustments in the Locker room and probably told those young Ladies that they were gonna have to step it up. Especially the Underclass girls. And BOY DID THEY DO THAT. Don’t get me wrong our usual Starters Rocked last night including our Seniors but those Younger girls including Kenz and Rae come off the bench and in my opinion helped in the come back and win. Now don’t get me wrong, Hampton is very well coached and a great team but no where near #1 in the State. I really feel with our usual 5 starters in against them that we are a 10 point better team. If you visited the State Tourneys last year and watched the likes of McKenzie and Wayne County you will see #1 teams. And no not because they beat us last year down there. They are just fast and well coached and most of their players can shoot the eyes out of it. Like I say, not taking anything away from Hampton. If anyone can get them a Gold Ball, it’ll b Carp as a Coach. It’ll be hard for us at Hampton to get another W but after last night I have all confidence in our Team. Heck I’d love to see Hampton make to State Tourneys and us too. As for Sis I am praying for no serious injury. For the rest of the Cloudland squad, hang in there y’all proved your toughness and heart last night. As for the young girls that came off the bench, Hats off to you Young ladies. Keep working hard and shoot all you can. We gonna need you more and more. Especially after we seen what y’all can do last night. And as for Birch, great Coaching. Great win for Lander Nation last night and way to represent. We gotta get behind these teams and cheer them on. They work their butts off daily on and off the Court. Long road to make it back to the Boro, But it’s very possible. 

The trap press is a gamble and I felt Hampton lost the bet to both jv and varsity.  Some people asked why we didn't press. I said because we couldn't lol.  When you can't press a team, you gotta swallow your pride and play the half court game 

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

Sahara has a possible torn meniscus.  They've scheduled an mri. 

Well that could be promising or bad. I’m in the medical field. A partial tear usually heals in 3-6 wks with some ultrasound therapy, ice and bracing. Anything more significant could require a scope to repair which would put her out for 3-4wks. Hopefully her MRI is negative and she just has a knee sprain. Which is day to day and could get her back in a week or 2. 

5 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Well that could be promising or bad. I’m in the medical field. A partial tear usually heals in 3-6 wks with some ultrasound therapy, ice and bracing. Anything more significant could require a scope to repair which would put her out for 3-4wks. Hopefully her MRI is negative and she just has a knee sprain. Which is day to day and could get her back in a week or 2. 

It'll be hard on sis to have to be a spectator.  She's never missed a game but I think she'll miss the one against NG on the 30th.  

43 minutes ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

We will be praying for her she needs to be on the court. We became really close to her and Nicole with Lady Rain. 

Yeah, we all love that family.  Sis was really encouraging our girls from the chair while icing her knee.  She was still focused on the game and that is high character.