Region 1-A Early outlook 2022

THE KING

3 hours ago, THE KING said:

Tssaa will be notified of the 2 clowns who reffed the jv games.  As for the varsity,  I think the seniors need to have a seat.  I stopped counting the turnovers committed by the seniors after about a dozen. Our jv can break a press better than that group. No passion to play the game right.  As a team.  If a player is gonna be reckless with the basketball,  they need to be on the bench.  I don't care if it's junior or seniors, the best lineups need to be out there.  Absolutely no chemistry with this group. Basketball is a team sport.  

Let it go, Bro. There's plenty more games during the coming years.

10 hours ago, Dawgfan88 said:

Big congratulations to the Lady Dogs of Hampton, three years ago they could hardly get the ball up the court. This year the same team is 24-1 and conference champions after beating Cloudland 48-25!

Yes. Quite the turnaround from a couple years ago. Good job Lady Dogs! Congrats on a conference championship. 

Next week a new season begins. Hope the girls can make a run.

1 minute ago, Backyardbbq15 said:

CD 58-49 over Hampton. Hampton just looked like the team from two years ago. Looked like they had no energy what so ever, poor shot selection, lazy passes.  Give credit to CD, they came out and punched them early and never let up. They better pull it together if they want to go to state. 

We made them look better than what they are.  Lady Landers are lost right now.  Sahara's injury hurt but we should still be in every game with the top teams.  There's such good chemistry with the younger players but they're not playing well with the older ones.  One is trying to do too much and we're not getting any offensive output from the other two.  It may be too late to fix it and it could mean we'll be in the dugout early. 

1 minute ago, THE KING said:

We made them look better than what they are.  Lady Landers are lost right now.  Sahara's injury hurt but we should still be in every game with the top teams.  There's such good chemistry with the younger players but they're not playing well with the older ones.  One is trying to do too much and we're not getting any offensive output from the other two.  It may be too late to fix it and it could mean we'll be in the dugout early. 

I went to that game, yes CHS looked confused to me. One girl tried too much on her own and no real team chemistry was there. I hope they can pull together before next week. 

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

I will agree with the statement that the Landers looked lost,i saw a team that was beat before they even started,and i know that losing a player of that caliber can cause a team to look out of place,but the others need to step up,or sit down. 

8 minutes ago, IMDog said:

I will agree with the statement that the Landers looked lost,i saw a team that was beat before they even started,and i know that losing a player of that caliber can cause a team to look out of place,but the others need to step up,or sit down. 

Matt coaches hard and with passion.  He deserves those girls to return it on the floor.  I'm waiting to see what he does in the tournament.  Sometimes a seat next to the coach can be a remedy for bad play.