Pre season 2A favorites

horse

8 hours ago, Tigerbomb said:

We didn’t Maul anyone last year. We are average size up front as usual but play with good technique and know angles and leverage. When I say Meigs is well coached I’m referring to the course of the year. Not just 1-2 specific games. 
I think TY and Pendergrass will be toting the rock the most this year. I think our defense will be good as good as last year. I think we learned a lesson last year not using the good Fullback enough. This is all from what the booster club boys are saying so don’t shoot the messenger. 

Good post. I haven't heard a whole lot about our defense this year and have been curious. I plan on watching them some Friday if I can get free.

10 hours ago, Yeti said:

Good post. I haven't heard a whole lot about our defense this year and have been curious. I plan on watching them some Friday if I can get free.

Thanks Yeti. I don’t keep up like you do but I’ve been a big supporter for years. Our defense will be solid. Purgerson up front is unblockable  and Pendergrass in the middle is  special. If Meadows or someone in the secondary can step up we will have all 3 levels covered.  And of course our defense coaching staff is exceptional.  
 Tyner and Marion will be tough this year. What’s in our favorite is we will improve as the season goes and we play both them teams at the end. Just need to avoid injuries and come Together as a team. The coaches will put in their film time and planning time. 

19 hours ago, Yeti said:

Is he a Senior this year? 

I bet Fitzgerald will turn Joe into a beast this year.  Either that or beat him to death one. Ha ha. It’s time for Joe to learn how to turn it on and turn it off after the game. Getting it turned on is the key. He’s got the size and strength and is a good enough athlete. 
A mean and dominant Joe Scott turns the  OL from good to great. 

4 hours ago, Tigerbomb said:

Thanks Yeti. I don’t keep up like you do but I’ve been a big supporter for years. Our defense will be solid. Purgerson up front is unblockable  and Pendergrass in the middle is  special. If Meadows or someone in the secondary can step up we will have all 3 levels covered.  And of course our defense coaching staff is exceptional.  
 Tyner and Marion will be tough this year. What’s in our favorite is we will improve as the season goes and we play both them teams at the end. Just need to avoid injuries and come Together as a team. The coaches will put in their film time and planning time. 

I expect Pendergrass to be a monster this season. I'm hoping he will take over the defense like Ben Smith did last year.

Meadows and Kraskous at the qb and rb positions gives me alot of hope for the year. I'm hoping it will be similar to what we had in Swafford and Meadows and Carrol and Meadows. Tall feat of course but that's a best case scenario for us I would think. Would just need the line to come Together well for it to happen. 

4 hours ago, Tigerbomb said:

I bet Fitzgerald will turn Joe into a beast this year.  Either that or beat him to death one. Ha ha. It’s time for Joe to learn how to turn it on and turn it off after the game. Getting it turned on is the key. He’s got the size and strength and is a good enough athlete. 
A mean and dominant Joe Scott turns the  OL from good to great. 

I'd agree with you. He's a monster in size. If he gets a mean streak of any kind he could be a game changer for important plays.

1. Westview -  athletes will match anyone in 2A and their defense will be stout.

2. This season's Memphis All Star team - expect a stacked team to find a way to lose in a close one in the quarterfinals

3. Meigs/ Tyner/ Marion

4. Meigs/ Tyner/ Marion

5.  Meigs/ Tyner/ Marion

6. Watertown

7. Huntingdon

8. Riverside/ Lewis County winner

9. Trousdale

10. East Robertson

Sleepers:  Top team from Regions 1 and 2, Westmoreland, Forrest, Union City

1 hour ago, Salem said:

1. Westview -  athletes will match anyone in 2A and their defense will be stout.

2. This season's Memphis All Star team - expect a stacked team to find a way to lose in a close one in the quarterfinals

3. Meigs/ Tyner/ Marion

4. Meigs/ Tyner/ Marion

5.  Meigs/ Tyner/ Marion

6. Watertown

7. Huntingdon

9. Trousdale

10. East Robertson

I’d say this is pretty accurate. Maybe some teams from the H20 and TC region ahead of the Meigs and Marion region.

9 hours ago, Salem said:

3. Meigs/ Tyner/ Marion

4. Meigs/ Tyner/ Marion

5.  Meigs/ Tyner/ Marion

6. Watertown

7. Huntingdon

9. Trousdale

10. East Robertson

Fairly accurate assessment considering how it's worked out in years past. 

7 hours ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

I’d say this is pretty accurate. Maybe some teams from the H20 and TC region ahead of the Meigs and Marion region.

I wouldn't disagree with this one either. Even on down years this regions teams don't disappoint it seems. 

Edited by Yeti

8 hours ago, Yeti said:

Fairly accurate assessment considering how it's worked out in years past. 

I wouldn't disagree with this one either. Even on down years this regions teams don't disappoint it seems. 

I suspect TC to be down. Heart and soul of the recent TC teams have been the o line. The o line will have some trouble early this year.

16 hours ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

Just assumptions for the preseason. Negative of the current playoff system is arguably 7 of the top 10 teams in 2A (Regions 3 and 4) will be battling for one semifinal slot. Probably 3-4 other top 10 teams in Regions 7 and 8 will be doing the same thing. That leaves 2 of the 4 semifinal teams as bottom 11-20 teams . Also leads to state championship beatdowns if one of those sneaks into the title game.