6A 2022

2 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

You don't have to hang up and listen, maybe you can set and watch. I don't know if anyone can, or can't beat them. Truth is Oakland lost a whole lot of their offense and some big shoes on the defensive side oft the ball. Oakland will be Oakland, but I don't know if they will be the same Oakland we have seen the last 3 years. As far as Maryville they may well be the top team coming out of the east, but before I go betting the house I might wanna see a game or two. You never know what this season might bring . 

I'd rather sit than set, but you never answered the question. 

Oakland and Maryville lose a lot every year, but still seem to outclass the rest of the east every year. 

Who will have a reasonable chance to unseat either based on what their team has, and not who Oakland and Murvl graduated?

Edited by HTV

1 hour ago, HTV said:

I'd rather sit than set, but you never answered the question. 

Oakland and Maryville lose a lot every year, but still seem to outclass the rest of the east every year. 

Who will have a reasonable chance to unseat either based on what their team has, and not who Oakland and Murvl graduated?

I guess we have a whole season to figure that out, unless you think the rest of 6A in East might as well "SIT" and let them play the Championship game now. Heck... Lets just have 1 game a season from now on....All the other schools can divert their time money and attention to underwater basket weaving. 

Doesn’t look like a lot of research was done on the non RUCO and WILCO regions.  Just like last year a team from region 5 will play a WILCO team in the state semis. Beech, Gallatin, or Hendersonville will be that team.  The thing that helps the 3 Sumner Co. teams is that they all play tough schedules unlike some of the other regions. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mondo44 said:

Doesn’t look like a lot of research was done on the non RUCO and WILCO regions.  Just like last year a team from region 5 will play a WILCO team in the state semis. Beech, Gallatin, or Hendersonville will be that team.  The thing that helps the 3 Sumner Co. teams is that they all play tough schedules unlike some of the other regions. 

Also doesn't hurt that the region they go against in the playoffs is really bad. Could argue that not alot of research was done on RuCo either; I'd be surprised if Oakland goes 10-0 given their schedule

Edited by MidTennFootball

6 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Also doesn't hurt that the region they go against in the playoffs is really bad. Could argue that not alot of research was done on RuCo either; I'd be surprised if Oakland goes 10-0 given their schedule

I think the MRA game will be tighter than last years and not sure about Lipscomb. I think some regional games will be closer than last year as well... may not lose them but will be tighter.

22 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Age has nothing to do with it. I appreciate the effort he put in, I just don't think Oakland is the best team in 6A ( at this point) and not going to go 10-0 with the schedule they have. Bradley Central at 4 I have disagreements with. Would probably flip Ravenwood and Oakland 

Honestly Ravenwood has lost a lot from last year. They lost all of their receivers, a coupe of really good offensive linemen, and a lot on defense. They do return their QB and both RB's. I think Independence will be the best team in WILCO this year. 6a overall is probably more wide open this year than normal. 

2 hours ago, MidStateFan1 said:

Honestly Ravenwood has lost a lot from last year. They lost all of their receivers, a coupe of really good offensive linemen, and a lot on defense. They do return their QB and both RB's. I think Independence will be the best team in WILCO this year. 6a overall is probably more wide open this year than normal. 

Probably have the best QB in the state, which will hide alot of weaknesses. I would need to see how Indy looks in actual pads under a new coach before making a prediction 

5 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

I think the MRA game will be tighter than last years and not sure about Lipscomb. I think some regional games will be closer than last year as well... may not lose them but will be tighter.

MRA was pretty young but Oakland was able to control the line of scrimmage and alot of those same OL return. Don't play Lipscomb, it's CPA, which will always be a tough team to deal with. Blackman, Riverdale and CPA in consecutive weeks will be a challenge. Going into the season, Lebanon is the team that Im most worried about as far as the playoffs go. I'd love to see a matchup with them and Blackman, there would be no shortage of points

9 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

MRA was pretty young but Oakland was able to control the line of scrimmage and alot of those same OL return. Don't play Lipscomb, it's CPA, which will always be a tough team to deal with. Blackman, Riverdale and CPA in consecutive weeks will be a challenge. Going into the season, Lebanon is the team that Im most worried about as far as the playoffs go. I'd love to see a matchup with them and Blackman, there would be no shortage of points

Sorry CPA was who I was thinking... it should be some real good games this season.