Donovan Stewart's magazine

HTV

I’m sure Donavon has HS some headwinds getting this off the ground. Just to produce a book like this is a task. However, it’s a business venture and we’re all used to the product that Murphy put out. I ordered and paid for mine 32 days ago. Got the email on 8/8 just like everyone else. Said they shipped the previous Monday (8/1). I questioned the ship method and was told media mail. Got a response that ‘I can’t control the post office’. That didn’t sit well with me. There’s no way to request a refund. There’s no way to track shipment. I was a little skeptical when I ordered because it’s through a ‘fundraising’ app. Hindsight this looks and feels like he didn’t have the funds to print up front so he had to raise money first to get it started. Would have to then order in batches as he raises the money. That could explain the delays in receiving. His responses and lack of information don’t sit well with me. If he had approached this endeavor with a request for funding as opposed to ‘selling me a book’ I might have ponied up some money to help him get it started. Don’t have enough ‘trust in the bank’ for him now. Just my two cents.  

Hope everyone enjoys the season regardless. Friday nights in Tennessee are special and create great memories for lots of kids and their families. Go out and support your local HS. When you get a chance, travel somewhere else in the state and watch a game. Lots of great HS football out there and some great stories being told. 

• Like 2

I won’t go that far. My best guess is he underestimated the results of some of his actions and though he’d be able to turn the books out faster. At any rate, would go a long way for him to put some information out for all that are waiting on the book. Maybe show the comms from the printer?  Maybe a little explanation of his process?  Don’t know. List know the old adage that bad news doesn’t get better the longer you hold on to it. 

If kevin38 and Old Devil got theirs nobody should be worried. It's a new world out there since Covid my friends. If things can go wrong you can bet on it, if things can go right you can bet on it to go wrong. If there is anything at all to be outsourced which there would be on something like this bet your life some fart head will screw the show up. That's the new world we live in now.

1 hour ago, Kevin38 said:

Nah I got mine, a bit underwhelming if I'm being honest, but I got the book...

Enormous amount of info !! Entries for the Memphis teams that Murphy could never gather. Some of the fine print is WAY too small for these old eyes but overall it is a fine effort.

GO BIG RED

I understand that it was a tough task to complete in short time.

But, even during these 'Supply Chain Issues', I would not have thought 3+ weeks of shipping lead time would have been the issue.  Surely, there are printers and distributors within the state of TN.

I feel a little cheated.  Jamboree completed.  Week 1 completed.  Our team has a Thursday game.

Still no delivery.  I think next year, I will just stick with Coach T and MainStreetPreps.  Also, 615Preps seems to be a very knowledgeable Podcast to watch.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PantherPride2022 said:

I understand that it was a tough task to complete in short time.

But, even during these 'Supply Chain Issues', I would not have thought 3+ weeks of shipping lead time would have been the issue.  Surely, there are printers and distributors within the state of TN.

I feel a little cheated.  Jamboree completed.  Week 1 completed.  Our team has a Thursday game.

Still no delivery.  I think next year, I will just stick with Coach T and MainStreetPreps.  Also, 615Preps seems to be a very knowledgeable Podcast to watch.

Save your money. MainSTREAMpreps is a money grab.