Mountun Ears att the Littull Fellurs

STARSNBARS

1 hour ago, ftbllfan23 said:

So will tomorrow be the day we see the famous BOLT offense and what Coach Osovet has put together at Heritage or is that still not public knowledge? Will it not be until game 2? 3? I need to know when to take notes. 

Maryville and Alcoa both have distanced themselves so far away from Heritage and William Blount that to even think either one of them could play within 35 point spread of either one of them is almost unthinkable and most likely will be that way from now on. I'm surprised they even play each other but I guess a decent gate receipt over shadows the humiliation of teen agers especially on the very first game. The county leadership has brought both of their football programs down to their knees and it would take a miracle man to turn all of that around and if they did find that person they would leave out on the first train available to the highest bidder just as the head coach at Eagleton did a few weeks ago just before fall practice. I pull for all four teams after the Maryville game because I know many parents on each team and only want the best for all of those boy's. My guess is that Robert will be here for the long haul at William Blount and Joe won't at Heritage because he has been customed to that lifestyle but lets see what happens. It's so strange how a big chunk of Maryville's coaching staff has been employed at losing  Heritage or County teams plus an assortment of coaches they have that were at other losing programs like Jeff County and Lenior City but they can come to Maryville and get their act together and win and a lot of that is due to good city leadership. I hope Heritage only the best this year. P.S. get out and get you some new leaders this fall and quit pushing the buttons for all of the same losers.

Edited by BarneySox2007

49 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

When Ted Wilson got hot under the collar at Maryville High he would say Dadgummit and you knew he wasn't kidding around and if it was personal he would say Dadgum your hide Barney which I can still remember very well.

And big knucklehead!

Edited by OldRebel2

3 hours ago, Solomon said:

Language and other faults aside, Osovet was a brilliant offensive guy before he was at UT. I'm very intrigued if he can do anything out there. 

I just find it interesting if he was so brilliant, why other colleges or even high schools were not fighting for him.

I'm not saying it's not a decent offense, however, it was in place in the JUCO level. It will not work everywhere, at every school, with every quarterback and in this case, with Heritage's defense.

If you look at his stint at UT and dig into it, he was behind a desk and only moved to the field for a short time before Pruitt's departure.

Look, I'm an old guy, I get it that things have changed, and I understand the game has evolved, but the basis is still the same. You can slap a pretty bow on something, walk around with your chest poked out claiming this and that, but, if you aren't realistic, once the smoke recedes and the dust settles, you're in trouble. I truly worry about these kids. 

And from what I've heard, some have already hung up their cleats.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Maryville and Alcoa both have distanced themselves so far away from Heritage and William Blount that to even think either one of them could play within 35 point spread of either one of them is almost unthinkable and most likely will be that way from now on. I'm surprised they even play each other but I guess a decent gate receipt over shadows the humiliation of teen agers especially on the very first game. The county leadership has brought both of their football programs down to their knees and it would take a miracle man to turn all of that around and if they did find that person they would leave out on the first train available to the highest bidder just as the head coach at Eagleton did a few weeks ago just before fall practice. I pull for all four teams after the Maryville game because I know many parents on each team and only want the best for all of those boy's. My guess is that Robert will be here for the long haul at William Blount and Joe won't at Heritage because he has been customed to that lifestyle but lets see what happens. It's so strange how a big chunk of Maryville's coaching staff has been employed at losing  Heritage or County teams plus an assortment of coaches they have that were at other losing programs like Jeff County and Lenior City but they can come to Maryville and get their act together and win and a lot of that is due to good city leadership. I hope Heritage only the best this year. P.S. get out and get you some new leaders this fall and quit pushing the buttons for all of the same losers.

You mentioned Jeff Co. I’ll take an educated guess and say they probably had the best winning percentage in the state in the 1980’s, with the possible exception of BA, although they only won one state championship. Them and Rhea Co. had a great rivalry and played every season, plus two outstanding playoff games. In an oddity, the visiting team won every single game in the series. A coach that won a game or two at Maryville played on a couple of those Jeff Co. teams. Sorry for getting off-topic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ftbllfan23 said:

I just find it interesting if he was so brilliant, why other colleges or even high schools were not fighting for him.

I'm not saying it's not a decent offense, however, it was in place in the JUCO level. It will not work everywhere, at every school, with every quarterback and in this case, with Heritage's defense.

If you look at his stint at UT and dig into it, he was behind a desk and only moved to the field for a short time before Pruitt's departure.

Look, I'm an old guy, I get it that things have changed, and I understand the game has evolved, but the basis is still the same. You can slap a pretty bow on something, walk around with your chest poked out claiming this and that, but, if you aren't realistic, once the smoke recedes and the dust settles, you're in trouble. I truly worry about these kids. 

Like I said, language AND faults................

4 hours ago, ftbllfan23 said:

Osovet seems to be a very polarizing figure right now. I’ve talked to some who love the perceived positivity, passion and energy he is bringing to the program. Others don’t trust him, see him as a con man and are just waiting for the train wreck they believe is coming. The next few weeks will be a reality check on whether the hype he’s tried to create is real and what he can really get accomplished.

7 minutes ago, camppack said:

Osovet seems to be a very polarizing figure right now. I’ve talked to some who love the perceived positivity, passion and energy he is bringing to the program. Others don’t trust him, see him as a con man and are just waiting for the train wreck they believe is coming. The next few weeks will be a reality check on whether the hype he’s tried to create is real and what he can really get accomplished.

Heritage has been a train wreck since 1989. For 33 years the best three teams went 7-4,5-5 and 5-6 crowded around with  five 0-10 teams and ten going 1-9. If I had been the A.D. and all those boys quit the football team like they did three years ago on Hammontree I would have cancelled the program and took forfeits as to have a bunch of punks all get together and quit. I would also made sure that high school yearbook had a big color picture of the team with everyone that quits face whited out but their name still at the bottom of the page so all the quitters would never be forgotten. Once a quitter always a quitter and that's what's wrong with society now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Heritage has been a train wreck since 1989. For 33 years the best three teams went 7-4,5-5 and 5-6 crowded around with  five 0-10 teams and ten going 1-9. If I had been the A.D. and all those boys quit the football team like they did three years ago on Hammontree I would have cancelled the program and took forfeits as to have a bunch of punks all get together and quit. I would also made sure that high school yearbook had a big color picture of the team with everyone that quits face whited out but their name still at the bottom of the page so all the quitters would never be forgotten. Once a quitter always a quitter and that's what's wrong with society now. 

Those boys point blank told Hammontree he couldn't make them do what he said to do. (hard work) They fabricated it to be that he wouldn't let them play multiple sports and he was anti multi sport athletes, but in fact it was that he told the entire team, you aren't given a spot just because you started previously. You earn your position DAILY and if you're in another sport, when it's time to come to football then you have to work. You know how it goes, you don't want face the truth, so you make up your own. But, that's water under the bridge at this point.

Too many kids/parents want things handed to them, and currently being 'attached' to or able to be 'connected' to a former UT assistant is invigorating and great for public persona for some. 

BUT, then again there has already been some falling out, I expect to see more. I hope I'm wrong, for the kids. I'd hate to see everybody trying to pick up the pieces in a few months.