Mountun Ears att the Littull Fellurs

STARSNBARS

Few random thoughts.

1. Looked like same ol same ol to me.

2. Maryville passing game needs work. Clemmer needs to forget what he's learned for 3 years.

3. Ladue is a machine.

4. I hope Vaughn in ok.

5. Was impressed the heritage qb got up in one piece after the hit manager laid on him.

6. Always nice to know you've got a kid with nearly 50 yard range if needed.

7. 82 for Heritage can scoot.

8. Always good when a senior gets some paydirt.

9. Really love seeing all the kids running around in their youth jerseys.

10. Powell may no longer have the greatest football coach ever on staff, but it'll be a nice jump in competition next week 

31 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I understand your concerns but Heritage has a culture of many problems and the worse being parents leading a posse behind the coaching staff if junior isn't being babied like they do him at home. There is a fine line it takes to win and a price you have to pay and not just Heritage but many other schools across the state that will never win because their not willing to pay the price. What I saw last night from Heritage was a good foundation being poured that will pay off down the road. I'm sure there will be a culling of the weak and that should be expected especially out there. had Hammontree stayed and the Eagleton School pulling in players I would bet my life there would have been 30 players on Heritage last night.

Eagleton hasn't ''pulled'' as many players as you think they have. 

Also, that was the main complaint about Coach Hammontree being at Heritage. He was too hard nosed, tough, brash and held each player accountable no matter who they were. There were comments made repeatedly that he was too 'old school' in his thinking and kids don't respond to 'hard coaching.'  That's why the weak filtered out as well and team numbers dropped. Parents didn't like that their middle school starter wasn't first string, so on and so forth. You know the drill. Not to mention the facilities, the lack of community support after a couple of years among other things. 

I'm glad the community is getting involved. It happens every time a new coach is hired, only this time, everyone is leeching on to the fact that he's a former college coach. It amps the 'want to.'

Tough coaching and not handing the kids what they want/babying them is one thing, I don't think anybody is asking for that. But it's the other issues that lead to concerns. Let's just agree to disagree on a few things and see where this season goes, Barney.

Edited by ftbllfan23

10 minutes ago, Solomon said:

Few random thoughts.

1. Looked like same ol same ol to me.

2. Maryville passing game needs work. Clemmer needs to forget what he's learned for 3 years.

3. Ladue is a machine.

4. I hope Vaughn in ok.

5. Was impressed the heritage qb got up in one piece after the hit manager laid on him.

7. 82 for Heritage can scoot.

8. Always good when a senior gets some paydirt.

9. Really love seeing all the kids running around in their youth jerseys.

10. Powell may no longer have the greatest football coach ever on staff, but it'll be a nice jump in competition next week 

That kid has a leg on him for sure. 

I thought 5 looked really good! The only times he had issues seemed to be when he was throwing to #2. Easy fix.

To come from the college ranks, I thought HHS would be more prepared and ready (especially on offense). At times the 'Neer offense was "embarassing for the neighbors"! Joe needs to get it under control-looked very immature when he stomps and yells at his kids who aren't prepared-which is HIS fault. Loved the effort and fight from the Heritage kids!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If we play like we did last night Powell will kick our tails all the way back to Maryville and do it on TV for everyone to see.

C'mon man!!!! We were up 38 nada at half and HHS had 2 first downs a 58 yards!!!! You've been drinking too much of the "poor-mouth Kool-Aid!"  Great first game, plenty to build on and a few things to fix. 

• Upvote 1

My thawts on tha gaim....

1. Showt out two #91 fer Mairvul.....Knott onlee did he hitt a 47 yd feeled gole.....Butt hiz punt wuz a moon shot and he waz kickin' em ovur tha lites inn warm ups

2. Hairatige and thair corch showed sum fite

c. Mairvul haz gott sum werk two do when'st tha bawls inn tha air on both sides 

4. Eye wuz hoapin' two see Speedy git a few moore tuchess

5. Mairvul bettur upp thair gaim beefour necks Thirsdee nite

:popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS