Mountun Ears att the Littull Fellurs

STARSNBARS

On 8/15/2022 at 11:17 AM, Red Rebels said:

Heritage was unable to build off of the momentum Deck provided as Alcoa made the stop on fourth down, but Osovet went into the contest playing things close to the vest offensively as its season opener against Maryville looms. “We weren’t going to show anybody what we’re going to come out and do next Thursday,” Osovet said. “I mean, this is a 12-minutes deal with 15 snaps. I’m not going to go out and give people some fodder and how we’re going to operate within our system.”

Source: https://www.thedailytimes.com/sports/area-football-teams-compete-in-blount-county-jamboree-as-regular-season-nears/article_7dfef97c-1a8b-11ed-97b4-27a039bc5a3b.html

I officially classify this as fodder! - R.R.

Welp 

First play of Osovet era...touchdown Maryville. Left when the score hit 35-0 with time left in the first half. Maryville made lots of mistakes but it didn’t much matter. Virtually no offense from Heritage.

Heritage took a time out so Osovet could argue with refs. Also had a sideline warning. He needs to learn the officiating community in Blount County is tight knit and you don’t want to piss them off. 

• Like 1

Not able to catch the live stream, but I received some texts earlier from a buddy of mine watching about some sideline issues. It seems as though Coach's catch phrase of playing like their hair's on fire he takes literally himself. Between being in refs faces, pushing one of his assistants and throwing a headset, they also received a sideline warning. Delay of game penalties for an up tempo offense is interesting as well. Also, Osovet told the play by play guy much of what TDT said in the article above, that he wasn't going to come to play Maryville and show everybody what they've got.  I told my old friend that I didn't want to hear anymore, that was enough for me. 

Winning or losing, show some class. 

5 minutes ago, ftbllfan23 said:

Not able to catch the live stream, but I received some texts earlier from a buddy of mine watching about some sideline issues. It seems as though Coach's catch phrase of playing like their hair's on fire he takes literally himself. Between being in refs faces, pushing one of his assistants and throwing a headset, they also received a sideline warning. Delay of game penalties for an up tempo offense is interesting as well. Also, Osovet told the play by play guy much of what TDT said in the article above, that he wasn't going to come to play Maryville and show everybody what they've got.  I told my old friend that I didn't want to hear anymore, that was enough for me. 

Winning or losing, show some class. 

It’s on diamondclearmedia. Have you tried that? 

1 hour ago, ftbllfan23 said:

Yes, I'm just not where I'm able to watch it. Honestly at this point, not sure I want to even try.

What were you expecting a 14 -13 ballgame. I came an inch of giving someone 50 points and the guy got scared and backed off which was lucky for me. I even told a few people this week I was expecting a 63-point win because I didn't think Heritage could stand toe to toe with Maryville's JV which they did. Heritage looked much better than what I was expecting even though the score was 45-7. They had a decent number of players considering the Eagleton School opening I was expecting a drop off in numbers. If this coach will hang around a while he will get this program turned around. I wasn't to happy with our performance tonight because we earned everything we got because this Heritage team didn't roll over and play dead like most have the past 20 years. I do hope with a lot other people in Blount County he can get that mess turned around.

3 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

What were you expecting a 14 -13 ballgame. I came an inch of giving someone 50 points and the guy got scared and backed off which was lucky for me. I even told a few people this week I was expecting a 63-point win because I didn't think Heritage could stand toe to toe with Maryville's JV which they did. Heritage looked much better than what I was expecting even though the score was 45-7. They had a decent number of players considering the Eagleton School opening I was expecting a drop off in numbers. If this coach will hang around a while he will get this program turned around. I wasn't to happy with our performance tonight because we earned everything we got because this Heritage team didn't roll over and play dead like most have the past 20 years. I do hope with a lot other people in Blount County he can get that mess turned around.

No, I absolutely was not expecting a 14-13 ballgame, if so, I would have watched Sevier Co and Jeff Co. 

All I expect is some class, honesty, and realism.  I really hope what he's showing on the sidelines with attitude, lack of composure, etc isn't happening to the boys in the locker room or at practice. 

I never said one word about Heritage's performance. Just the disappointment and lack of respect shown by their coach. 

7 hours ago, ftbllfan23 said:

No, I absolutely was not expecting a 14-13 ballgame, if so, I would have watched Sevier Co and Jeff Co. 

All I expect is some class, honesty, and realism.  I really hope what he's showing on the sidelines with attitude, lack of composure, etc isn't happening to the boys in the locker room or at practice. 

I never said one word about Heritage's performance. Just the disappointment and lack of respect shown by their coach. 

I understand your concerns but Heritage has a culture of many problems and the worse being parents leading a posse behind the coaching staff if junior isn't being babied like they do him at home. There is a fine line it takes to win and a price you have to pay and not just Heritage but many other schools across the state that will never win because their not willing to pay the price. What I saw last night from Heritage was a good foundation being poured that will pay off down the road. I'm sure there will be a culling of the weak and that should be expected especially out there. had Hammontree stayed and the Eagleton School pulling in players I would bet my life there would have been 30 players on Heritage last night.