Huntingdon at Jackson South Side

footballover

30 minutes ago, footballover said:

Huntingdon travels to the Hawks Nest looking for their 1st W. Mustangs are young and licking their wounds from the McKenzie butt whipping. What do the Hawks have?

Mustangs got beat pretty bad last year in their first game and regrouped to win 9 games. Mustangs will be ready to play against the Hawks because they are Mustangs.

• Like 1

As always with the Mustangs, coaching is the achilles heal. Lots of talent on both sides of the ball but once we get behind the slow paced offense will not be able to keep up. By now you would think Huntingdon would have a pass defense but unfortunately not. D-backs are 10 yards off the receiver and looks like they have never been taught how to defend a passing offense. Now this is no fault of the boys, as they give their all every down, it comes down to coaching and we have been lacking there for awhile. The Mustangs will have a good year and will make it to the 2nd or 3rd round, but as with years past we will get out coached and it's not fair to the boys. Huntingdon has been needing a change for a couple years now and it's the most talked about secret in town. 

As far as this Friday nights game I think the Mustangs come out on top if we can contain the pass. Flowers will put the qb on his back all night if he takes his time back there. Eubanks is quick, has a good arm, and can motor. Skippy can flat move and is tough as nails. All the skill positions are well staffed and have backups to give some rest. I know south side will definitely be a test and the boys need a win after taking the stomping last Friday night.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, 1shot1kill said:

As always with the Mustangs, coaching is the achilles heal. Lots of talent on both sides of the ball but once we get behind the slow paced offense will not be able to keep up. By now you would think Huntingdon would have a pass defense but unfortunately not. D-backs are 10 yards off the receiver and looks like they have never been taught how to defend a passing offense. Now this is no fault of the boys, as they give their all every down, it comes down to coaching and we have been lacking there for awhile. The Mustangs will have a good year and will make it to the 2nd or 3rd round, but as with years past we will get out coached and it's not fair to the boys. Huntingdon has been needing a change for a couple years now and it's the most talked about secret in town. 

As far as this Friday nights game I think the Mustangs come out on top if we can contain the pass. Flowers will put the qb on his back all night if he takes his time back there. Eubanks is quick, has a good arm, and can motor. Skippy can flat move and is tough as nails. All the skill positions are well staffed and have backups to give some rest. I know south side will definitely be a test and the boys need a win after taking the stomping last Friday night.

I agree with everything you said in the first paragraph. Except Huntingdon has needed a change a lot longer than a couple of years.  But Huntingdon has no speed in the backfield. No quickness or moves. They do play tough. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, horse said:

I agree with everything you said in the first paragraph. Except Huntingdon has needed a change a lot longer than a couple of years.  But Huntingdon has no speed in the backfield. No quickness or moves. They do play tough. 

Had no speed in the backfield last year and won 9 games with as brutal schedule. Swenson ain't perfect but who you going to replace him with. I don't see any great coaches around west tennessee that I would rather have than Swenson. It ain't like you got a John Tucker or a Paul Ward around these parts. Better be careful what you wish for.

8 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Had no speed in the backfield last year and won 9 games with as brutal schedule. Swenson ain't perfect but who you going to replace him with. I don't see any great coaches around west tennessee that I would rather have than Swenson. It ain't like you got a John Tucker or a Paul Ward around these parts. Better be careful what you wish for.

Had more speed last year than this year. Who said you had to get a coach from W Tn. Tucker and Wards offense wouldn’t work in today’s game either. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

I have had a couple of my Huntingdon friends over the years say they wish Comer would come over.