Haywood Vs Oakhaven

Kruger77

2 hours ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

Haywood is the Heavy favorite in this game, we all know anything can happen any given night. I expect a lot of young guys to play this game 

I usually like to give a little background info about our opponents.  So here goes!

This will be the first meeting between the Haywood Tomcats and the Oakhaven Hawks.

Oakhaven lost to Middle College 6 – 14 in Week 1.  Haywood was open in Week 1.

As @Tomcatfan2011 said, the Tomcats are heavily favored.  (The preseason power ratings - Haywood by 51.  The Massey Ratings - Haywood by 42.)

The last time the Hawks had a winning season was 2011.  Since that time, they have had 7 different head coaches and an overall record of 20 – 82. 

Last year Oakhaven was banned from the TSSAA playoffs for 2 years.

https://www.actionnews5.com/2021/09/18/two-memphis-high-schools-banned-tennessee-state-football-playoffs-two-years/

https://www.commercialappeal.com/videos/sports/high-school/2021/09/16/memphis-high-school-football-oakhaven-hillcrest-fight-video/8371102002/

I hope the game plays out as predicted, and I think it will.  I also hope that the younger players will get the opportunity to play and gain some valuable game experience.  Praying for a clean and injury free game.  Go Tomcats!

Edited by stacmot

2 hours ago, reddyrebel6 said:

Will 95.3 have video as well or just audio? Thinking about saving a trip

Brownsville radio says,

"Tomcat football is back on television this year—sort of. Brownsville Radio is returning its video streaming service along with live play-by-play.

Greg Vanstory and Robert Rooks will return as this year’s play-by-play announcers on 95.3 Brownsville Radio. Rooks and Vanstory’s commentary will accompany the video stream found on Brownsville Radio’s Facebook page."

I'm interested to see how this goes.  Since I don't do Facebook, I hope it's a public video stream.

Edit...now they are saying the games will be video streamed on brownsvilleradio.com as well.

Edited by stacmot

3 hours ago, stacmot said:

Brownsville radio says,

"Tomcat football is back on television this year—sort of. Brownsville Radio is returning its video streaming service along with live play-by-play.

Greg Vanstory and Robert Rooks will return as this year’s play-by-play announcers on 95.3 Brownsville Radio. Rooks and Vanstory’s commentary will accompany the video stream found on Brownsville Radio’s Facebook page."

I'm interested to see how this goes.  Since I don't do Facebook, I hope it's a public video stream.

Edit...now they are saying the games will be video streamed on brownsvilleradio.com as well.

Awesome. Thanks for the update