West Ridge welcomes Daniel Boone

83SouthRebel

Just now, WestWolvesRidge said:

Well this ain't good...

It would have taken an all out effort to beat this Boone bunch. I said it earlier, you cannot turn the ball over 4 times and expect to win. Last week, this week, same thing. I will say this, I think if Boone stays healthy they have a chance to make some noise in 5a. 

On 8/20/2022 at 5:55 PM, blazer1set said:

Go with your heart on this one.    Before the season started I was picking Boone in this one, but our offense is AWOL.  Volunteer may not be that good but you guys put up 41 points, that is no small feat.     You won't score 41 on us, but I look for something like West Ridge 14-10.    Don't overlook that Boone defense, a pick-6 or fumble return could be a game changer, this defense is solid in every position.      More on X's & O's later next week.....

Looks like you were sand-baggin' us. Boone is probably the best team this side of Greeneville. Maybe further. 

3 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Looks like you were sand-baggin' us. Boone is probably the best team this side of Greeneville. Maybe further. 

Other than our mandatory 100 yards of penalties the Boonies looked pretty good tonight.    Defense had a safety, 2 fumble recoveries, pick-6 and several tackles for loss.    Every kickoff but one went out the back of the end zone.   Just have to play more disciplined and stop getting so many yellow flags.

On 8/25/2022 at 1:41 PM, formerblazer said:

I feel like WR will do anything and everything to cut down on the number of students so they can hang out in 5A, they will not be the long term 6A team in our area.  I see them two more years as 6a after this year, I don't see them at 5a yet for the next 2/4, but I can see them being down in 5A in 4-6 years.

Great job Boone! We want you to be 9 and 0 when we play October 27th....:roflol: seriously though, your defense is impressive to say the least. Don't think we can give you guys as much of a test but we're going to give it our all anyway. This dog will be pulling for Boone n the 5A playoffs and hope you go all the way :thumb:

Just now, dogtruth said:

Great job Boone! We want you to be 9 and 0 when we play October 27th....:roflol: seriously though, your defense is impressive to say the least. Don't think we can give you guys as much of a test but we're going to give it our all anyway. This dog will be pulling for Boone n the 5A playoffs and hope you go all the way :thumb:

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Other than our mandatory 100 yards of penalties the Boonies looked pretty good tonight.    Defense had a safety, 2 fumble recoveries, pick-6 and several tackles for loss.    Every kickoff but one went out the back of the end zone.   Just have to play more disciplined and stop getting so many yellow flags.

I sent a reply to the wrong poster Blazer LOL it's late and I'm getting tired.., read the previous reply:roflol:

3 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Boones got it this year, everyone on defense returned, 21 seniors, it’s either make noise or they under perform.  West Ridge beat a volunteer team that is the opposite of Boone, all their playmakers who played varsity 3-4 years are gone, it’s a long rebuild for them.  West Ridge will ship over kids to East so they can get the numbers to go down to 5a.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, formerblazer said:

Boones got it this year, everyone on defense returned, 21 seniors, it’s either make noise or they under perform.  West Ridge beat a volunteer team that is the opposite of Boone, all their playmakers who played varsity 3-4 years are gone, it’s a long rebuild for them.  West Ridge will ship over kids to East so they can get the numbers to go down to 5a.

They would have to ship over a ton, I heard from someone they have almost 2,000 kids in school this year. No way they can get those numbers down to get to 5A