West TN Rural Top 10 Week 2

1 minute ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

No. I think we learned our lesson. We will play where we are classified. 

Got it. So all of that speak about travel time, ticket sales, and scheduling ease you spoke of 2 years ago is just blasphemy now? I personally, believed you. Everyone was busting on y'all for running from Alcoa, but you adamantly defended the position of previously stated issues. It's cool. I think y'all should play in the classification your enrollment puts you in too. 

2 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Got it. So all of that speak about travel time, ticket sales, and scheduling ease you spoke of 2 years ago is just blasphemy now? I personally, believed you. Everyone was busting on y'all for running from Alcoa, but you adamantly defended the position of previously stated issues. It's cool. I think y'all should play in the classification your enrollment puts you in too. 

Not blasphemy at all. That was the reasons for the coach and AD’s mouth. I just think we have seen that we didn’t have the depth to play there consistently and at the end of the day we have to set our players up for success not put them behind the 8 ball. But question for you. If we get classified for 3A and don’t play up, what will all the “your scared of Alcoa” posters say then??

1 minute ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Not blasphemy at all. That was the reasons for the coach and AD’s mouth. I just think we have seen that we didn’t have the depth to play there consistently and at the end of the day we have to set our players up for success not put them behind the 8 ball. But question for you. If we get classified for 3A and don’t play up, what will all the “your scared of Alcoa” posters say then??

Your scared of Haywood lol

2 minutes ago, BigRed88 said:

Real until they meet Henry County in the playoffs again lol

I agree with this. And will be a fantastic 3rd rd game. I think it will take a team that can stretch HC vertically to beat yall and that’s not Munford. The quarterback at Munford is the real deal but he is an average passer. It took Pages D1 QB to barely beat y’all last year. I feel like y’all are 2-3 scores better than Munford. 

2 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

What? If memory serves me correct Milan has the same athletic director today they had 2 years ago. You are going to have to come up with something better than that. Dude, I know you well, and that is chump excuse. Just admit that you were wrong, and let's move forward. I guess Milan really was running from Alcoa after all. Seems to me that Milan got a new young, hot shot head coach that had brought in a ton of talent from other counties and even states during the Covid year and found lighting in a bottle. The next season when a lot of the talent left he could not even put up a winning record... AT MILAN!!! Milan is known state wide for being a powerhouse football program and did not win 5 games. 

4 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

After 1 week of games here’s how I see things. What is everyone’s thought?  What do you agree or disagree with??  Feel free to post your top 10. 

1. Henry Co. 1-0

2.  Haywood 0-0

3. Hardin Co. 1-0

T4. McKenzie 1-0

T4. Munford 1-0

6.  USJ 1-0

7.  South Gibson 1-0

8. Union City 1-0

9.  Riverside 1-0

10. Milan 1-0

On the outside looking in: Peabody 0-1, Dresden 1-0, Covington 0-1, Dyersburg 1-0, Huntingdung 0-1, Lexington 0-1, Westview 0-1, Adamsville 1-0

I’d go 

1) Henry Co

2) Haywood 

3) McKenzie

4) Munford 

5) Hardin Co

6) SGC

7) Riverside 

8) Milan

9) Union City

10) USJ

4 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Those posters will say you arent beating Alcoa. Diffmeister can say all he wanted he would never admit to running from Alcoa 

1 minute ago, ManOfMillions said:

What? If memory serves me correct Milan has the same athletic director today they had 2 years ago. You are going to have to come up with something better than that. Dude, I know you well, and that is chump excuse. Just admit that you were wrong, and let's move forward. I guess Milan really was running from Alcoa after all. Seems to me that Milan got a new young, hot shot head coach that had brought in a ton of talent from other counties and even states during the Covid year and found lighting in a bottle. The next season when a lot of the talent left he could not even put up a winning record... AT MILAN!!! Milan is known state wide for being a powerhouse football program and did not win 5 games. 

This gets old going back and forth on this with you. I wish I could be Mrs. Cleo and tell you what was going thru the AD and coaches mind but unfortunately I will just have to go by what they said. I have said this every time you have asked since we moved up (and it’s been a lot) and I will say it every time you ask after this. Can’t say anything else but the truth no matter how many times you ask. 

2 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Those posters will say you arent beating Alcoa. Diffmeister can say all he wanted he would never admit to running from Alcoa 

I hear ya. But I can’t speak for him or the AD. Mom needs to go grind his axe with him. But he won’t cause it’s not really about where Milan chose to play. It’s just his way of “trying” to get under my skin.