Elizabethton @ Greeneville- The Rivalry Continues!

CaliLB

14 penalties for 120 yards by the Devils. I bet that will be an emphasis going forward. It affected the score. Sat with a gentleman who knows football and I asked a question. Why don’t the Devils run a tight end and get Betsy out of a 3 man front? Flint told me one of their top studs was out with a bad back bruise from yesterday’s pregame practice. Zach Christmas. A two way starter 6’2 240 and can fly.

Mo west isn’t gonna give any film. I’ve watched them in person a few times this year.  #2 for them is the main player for them offensively. All you have to do is get wide, because even he runs outside every time he touches it. Even when he is supposed to run between the tackles he will always bump it up the outside.  

1 hour ago, noonesfool said:

14 penalties for 120 yards by the Devils. I bet that will be an emphasis going forward. It affected the score. Sat with a gentleman who knows football and I asked a question. Why don’t the Devils run a tight end and get Betsy out of a 3 man front? Flint told me one of their top studs was out with a bad back bruise from yesterday’s pregame practice. Zach Christmas. A two way starter 6’2 240 and can fly.

Yep,when you add up all the field position yards the Devils lost probably three football fields and those two scores. Last year I was worried from the first game and it can probably be found in these threads somewhere.I think as bad as the exit was,a lot of growth for players and coaches should make this team more prepared in the 2022 playoffs.Like everyone,I see AC and know it will be a test. For sure the major emphasis going forward will be on penalties and the Devils not beating themselves.Last night should have been a blow out.My brother said 35-14 going into the game and I responded  " at least "

Edited by BatmanDevil

3 hours ago, blazer1set said:

I totally agree, from what I saw last night Elizabethton looks like a kitten playing inside a paper bag.... lots of movement but not really going anywhere.     But mark it down, the Cyclones will still finish 7-3 and that is a respectable record for being in a down year.

They just play 9 regular season games. So I guess you have them beating 2 of these 3 Boone or Anderson or Rhea County. I know Rhea looks bad but it is a road game and a long trip

Reading back through some of the post and my thoughts are this.It's a double edge sword when we post on coacht.I said last year that I'd like to watch all the practices just to see everything the coaches see. Well,that wouldn't change anything because I still would just be an old Devil watching from the stands or listening on the radio and not the coach. I use to watch all of my boys practices in Kingsport,even weight training and I knew pretty much what most of the players could do. I seen some of the dumbest decisions that would make my spelling even look good and it's hard as a parent not to blast those things.Still,as a fan or parent it's always in the best interest not to in most cases.NOW,on one side of this sword,the Devil coaches have to make the best decisions to give their team it's best shot to win and their jobs depend on that in the long run. The other side is the fact we are writing about teenage boys who read this and so do the coaches and parents. I hope every player on the team has his chance to shine this year and the team can put another gold ball in the case.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Reading back through some of the post and my thoughts are this.It's a double edge sword when we post on coacht.I said last year that I'd like to watch all the practices just to see everything the coaches see. Well,that wouldn't change anything because I still would just be an old Devil watching from the stands or listening on the radio and not the coach. I use to watch all of my boys practices in Kingsport,even weight training and I knew pretty much what most of the players could do. I seen some of the dumbest decisions that would make my spelling even look good and it's hard as a parent not to blast those things.Still,as a fan or parent it's always in the best interest not to in most cases.NOW,on one side of this sword,the Devil coaches have to make the best decisions to give their team it's best shot to win and their jobs depend on that in the long run. The other side is the fact we are writing about teenage boys who read this and so do the coaches and parents. I hope every player on the team has his chance to shine this year and the team can put another gold ball in the case.

Great post!!