Oak Ridge vs. Bearden

boyfromsi

On 8/23/2022 at 2:41 PM, oridgecat said:

And get off my lawn! ha ha.  I think what we saw Fri. night with all the mouthing was part of the whole culture at OR that Cummings has to change.  He may not have realized that these guys were going to be so emotional, reactive selfish really, because you're hurting your team when you do that.  It goes back to accountability and building that standard, not to mention an overall team lack of football IQ. The good part is his team competes extremely hard with alot of emotion, just have to learn to keep it in check.  I can assure you that the running of the mouth will stop.  Heck, our guys don't even know the SD guys, wait until they are out on the field with Clinton!  

lf OR wants to practice keeping their composure and playing with out talking, playing BHS is a good game to start. ln BHS game vs West last Friday BHS had multiple penalties for personal fouls. There was a fight on the West sideline after a turnover. There was plenty of talking after plays that also seemed unnecessary. Bearden has plenty of talent, but the seem to be very undisciplined. Or maybe it was just first game mistakes. l guess we will see as the season plays out. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Oak Ridge does not need outsiders running down the program with blown out of proportion accusations. Did the Cats commit too many penalties? Yes, they did. Has a player lost an opportunity to play? Yes. It seems everything is over and done with. 

...or will it.

Where can I find the Coaches Show from Wednesday? Thanks.

BBBTV12.COM    I agree and this was one time it was on zebras way more than players.The player suspended lives next door and is a great kid.He should be playing this week but o well.We need the fans to come out tomorrow night and be loud again.I was impressed with how many fans we had at SD and how many stayed thru the long delay.I just hope the Cats can get thru a game without losing anymore starters and play a clean game and get better .I think Beardon 27 Oak Ridge 13.If it was week 10 I would flip those scores but we have a lot of guys still getting use to all the new and playing high school football.RWR

8 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Oak Ridge does not need outsiders running down the program with blown out of proportion accusations. Did the Cats commit too many penalties? Yes, they did. Has a player lost an opportunity to play? Yes. It seems everything is over and done with. 

...or will it.

Where can I find the Coaches Show from Wednesday? Thanks.

y'all just chased out almost all the longstanding Coaches that recently took you to a state final and replaced them with someone out of OR?  And you're sitting here complaining about outsiders?  And alls I know is what i read that yall say on here, but don't that sound silly?

6 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

BBBTV12.COM    I agree and this was one time it was on zebras way more than players.The player suspended lives next door and is a great kid.He should be playing this week but o well.We need the fans to come out tomorrow night and be loud again.I was impressed with how many fans we had at SD and how many stayed thru the long delay.I just hope the Cats can get thru a game without losing anymore starters and play a clean game and get better .I think Beardon 27 Oak Ridge 13.If it was week 10 I would flip those scores but we have a lot of guys still getting use to all the new and playing high school football.RWR

There is NO CHANCE AT ALL that Bearden wins this game....they do NOT have the talent to match OR, even without OR's most talented player playing.  If the players and coaches can control their mouths...this game won't be close. I hope that Cummings addressed the lack of player discipline and lack of coach discipline...and I'll bet you that he did! OR will win handily...it won't be like last week but it will be obvious that OR is the superior team.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ILB1999WHS said:

y'all just chased out almost all the longstanding Coaches that recently took you to a state final and replaced them with someone out of OR?  And you're sitting here complaining about outsiders?  And alls I know is what i read that yall say on here, but don't that sound silly?

You have no clue what you're talking about.  And why would you even care what goes on in OR?  Anyway, The long time OR coaches weren't "chased out", they quit and followed our DC to Hardin Valley.  Rest assured that each and every one of our new coaches is an upgrade over the previous, except DC, but the jury is still out on that.  

As for tonight.  I look for our offense to struggle in the first quarter.  We have yet to face a 3-3 stack defense.  Haven't seen one in any of the scrimmages or the jamboree.  3-3 front poses some problems until you figure it out because it blurs your blocking rules. But once our guys figure it out, they should be okay.  OR is down 6 starters for tonight, won't name names right now, not gonna broadcast to Bearden who is not playing besides Heyward.  This is NOT an excuse because I think we are going to win this game. It's just how it is.  But this one may be a nail biter.  Go Cats!

Edited by oridgecat
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

You have no clue what you're talking about.  And why would you even care what goes on in OR?  Anyway, The long time OR coaches weren't "chased out", they quit and followed our DC to Hardin Valley.  Rest assured that each and every one of our new coaches is an upgrade over the previous, except DC, but the jury is still out on that.  

As for tonight.  I look for our offense to struggle in the first quarter.  We have yet to face a 3-3 stack defense.  Haven't seen one in any of the scrimmages or the jamboree.  3-3 front poses some problems until you figure it out because it blurs your blocking rules. But once we figure it out, we should be okay.  We are down 6 starters for tonight, won't name names right now, not gonna broadcast to Bearden who is not playing besides Heyward.  This is NOT an excuse because I think we are going to win this game. It's just how it is.  But this one may be a nail biter.  Go Cats!

Yep. 

Oak Ridge had the opportunity hire the current HVA head coach and chose not to.  Don't think one can say he was chased out by "y'all", which I assume he means the OR supporters. 

1 minute ago, HTV said:

Yep. 

Oak Ridge had the opportunity hire the current HVA head coach and chose not to.  Don't think one can say he was chased out by "y'all", which I assume he means the OR supporters. 

Exactly right, Coach Miner could have stayed on, but he felt he was ready to get some HC experience.  We appreciate him and wish him nothing but the best at HVA.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

As for tonight.  I look for our offense to struggle in the first quarter.  We have yet to face a 3-3 stack defense.  Haven't seen one in any of the scrimmages or the jamboree.  3-3 front poses some problems until you figure it out because it blurs your blocking rules. But once our guys figure it out, they should be okay.  OR is down 6 starters for tonight, won't name names right now, not gonna broadcast to Bearden who is not playing besides Heyward.  This is NOT an excuse because I think we are going to win this game. It's just how it is.  But this one may be a nail biter.  Go Cats!

I honestly didn't know that.  So they left for more pay?