AP 1A 08/23/22 HOLY MOSES POLE

Southtowner

On 8/23/2022 at 5:53 PM, biggest said:

Don't  sleep on clay we scrimmage them and they aren't bad.

Gordy has not played at Clay since COVID became a thing. Gordy having to come to Clay this year definitely means Clay will have a say in the race out East. Whoever plays in Chattanooga will likely have to win in Celina (or win in Gordonsville if they win at Celina).

10 hours ago, Southtowner said:

SouthTown sure to change Top 10

1 Fayetteville 

2 McKenzie 

3 Peabody 

4 Gordonsville 

5 SP

6 Dresden

7 Clay County 

8 Moore County 

9 Cornersville 

10 McEwen

If you are lining up to play tomorrow in week 2, Clay is better than Gordonsville based on how both teams performed in week 1. However, polls after 1 week in my opinion are completely meaningless. Gordonsville is very banged up at the moment. They are not clicking anywhere near what they will be at the end of the year. I hope all these players are able to make it through the year without injury and are ready to play when it matters the most. It doesn't matter how good you play now. All that matters is who gets hot in November.

• Upvote 1

On 8/24/2022 at 9:38 AM, GreatTiger said:

Is MASE good this year?  I don't know much about that team.

From what I’ve read and heard, The coach from MAHS(2a) and players moved to MASE(1a) after their school closed. MAHS had a great team and was BIG and fast and physical. The coach is top notch.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 2:29 PM, Southtowner said:

intro-1580425536.jpg

Class 1A

School                                Record     Total Points

1. McKenzie (7)                  1-0            103 

2. South Pittsburg (2)       1-0            100 

3. Fayetteville (1)               1-0              88 

4. MASE  (1)                      0-0              76

5. Peabody (1)                   0-1              60 

6. Dresden                         1-0              48 

7. McEwen                         1-0              41

8. Gordonsville                   0-1              39 

9. Moore County                1-0              34

10. Clay County                 1-0              24 

Others receiving votes: West Carroll 14. Coalfield 13. Cornersville 6. Cloudland 3. Lake County 3. Middle College 3. Whitwell 3. Midway 2.

I wouldn't say we're 11... But maybe we can work our way there or a little higher. 

Edited by WarEagleCartman

18 hours ago, OldTownRoad said:

If you are lining up to play tomorrow in week 2, Clay is better than Gordonsville based on how both teams performed in week 1. However, polls after 1 week in my opinion are completely meaningless. Gordonsville is very banged up at the moment. They are not clicking anywhere near what they will be at the end of the year. I hope all these players are able to make it through the year without injury and are ready to play when it matters the most. It doesn't matter how good you play now. All that matters is who gets hot in November.

Clay has had some opportunities in the past to stake a thin slice of the 1A pie.  When it counts the most, like you stated, they have failed to do so.   In the 1A East bracket, I'm thinking the train to Chattanooga runs through Gordonsville. Therefore, they get the nod over Clay County right now.  As always, good luck to everyone.