recruiting...1A/2A posters

theawesomebro

58 minutes ago, USJalum88 said:

You might want to come to McClellan road more often.  You have never seen 5th and 6th grade kids light up because a high school football player comes to watch them play.  Get a scouting report of who will be the future stars from the tackle football games in the end zone on Friday nights.

My son wore the blue just like I did and his uncle did.  He graduated with multiple kids that their fathers played for USj before it was USJ.  In elementary, he had a poster of the USJ quarterback proudly hanging in his room.  So do not give me that more passion stuff.

Lmao you know it's not the same, they know it's not the same, ergo this thread.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, USJalum88 said:

You might want to come to McClellan road more often.  You have never seen 5th and 6th grade kids light up because a high school football player comes to watch them play.  Get a scouting report of who will be the future stars from the tackle football games in the end zone on Friday nights.

My son wore the blue just like I did and his uncle did.  He graduated with multiple kids that their fathers played for USj before it was USJ.  In elementary, he had a poster of the USJ quarterback proudly hanging in his room.  So do not give me that more passion stuff.

These things you mentioned happen at MOST high school football games.  Nothing unique on McClellan rd.

2 hours ago, swagulator said:

These things you mentioned happen at MOST high school football games.  Nothing unique on McClellan rd.

Never said it was any different than other schools.  To imply that public is anymore passionate than privates is stupid.  Ask any high school coach if the privates are passionate enough. 

7 hours ago, USJalum88 said:

Never said it was any different than other schools.  To imply that public is anymore passionate than privates is stupid.  Ask any high school coach if the privates are passionate enough. 

Kudos to your family and the affiliation going back to OHA...I like that your (and some others) family has a sense of belonging to your school, but you'll never witness the level of emotional connection that most small public schools cultivate at a private school. You're understandably proud of the fact that your son "wears the blue just like his dad and his uncle" but my family is currently in the early stages of our 5'th generation attending, and our unofficial motto of "Once a Lion, always a Lion" bears a deeper meaning than most who aren't a "legacy" at a small rural school could hope to understand. If it makes you feel better, large publics and metro schools don't compare either.

14 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Lmao you know it's not the same, they know it's not the same, ergo this thread.

Usually you have some good observations. But this time you  are off. There is plenty of passion in us sweatervesters. Heck, you probably can't even name the three schools who really started that term. Come on over to Windy City Road and watch a first graders face light up when a varsity football player opens the kids care door and helps him out of the car. On any given Tuesday or Thursday night at an elementary or MS game you will see varsity players on the sidelines helping to coach up the younger ones. Those youngsters are taking every word in like it's gold. On a personal note, it is always a humbling experience for a cripple like myself to walk into the gym on any given night and a varsity player runs over to carry my broadcast bag to the upper level of our gym while his practice is going on. I'll add in having players offer to carry my bags to my car after a long night in the gym can give you tons of other examples as well. 

Do private schools have a corner on school pride or passion?. No they don't. But for you to infer that the publics are superior in this respect is just foolish. Lord help me. For two weeks in a row I have publicly agreed with someone from USJ. I might be getting a little ill. Somebody had better call a doctor.

• Like 2

On 9/2/2022 at 12:49 AM, WarEagleCartman said:

You silly sweatervesters you can't buy this type of passion. This stuff comes from joining the flag team because you see how cool your big brother/cousins are in that sweet jersey on Friday. It comes from those inevitable auxiliary games on Friday nights when you all came to watch but your buddy brought a football! (Just til halftime mom I swear). This stuff comes from driving all the way out to a game you might otherwise skip but it's your sophomore family members first start! Guys if you can ever put a price on wearing the same jersey some of the people your closet to and looked up to most as a kid....and God Willing see your son wear that same one too...well that's when you'll see me on McLellan Rd on Friday nights. 

THIS is what I'm talking about!!Me,my 3 sons all wore the OnB!All Captains just like ole dad and played because they had too not because I made them (the because they had to has a deep meaning in these small Irin man schools).Seeing the Fri night light poles as your coming around the last curve on hwy 95 and your arm hairs start to stand up.Man I love this stuff!!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Usually you have some good observations. But this time you  are off. There is plenty of passion in us sweatervesters. Heck, you probably can't even name the three schools who really started that term. Come on over to Windy City Road and watch a first graders face light up when a varsity football player opens the kids care door and helps him out of the car. On any given Tuesday or Thursday night at an elementary or MS game you will see varsity players on the sidelines helping to coach up the younger ones. Those youngsters are taking every word in like it's gold. On a personal note, it is always a humbling experience for a cripple like myself to walk into the gym on any given night and a varsity player runs over to carry my broadcast bag to the upper level of our gym while his practice is going on. I'll add in having players offer to carry my bags to my car after a long night in the gym can give you tons of other examples as well. 

Do private schools have a corner on school pride or passion?. No they don't. But for you to infer that the publics are superior in this respect is just foolish. Lord help me. For two weeks in a row I have publicly agreed with someone from USJ. I might be getting a little ill. Somebody had better call a doctor.

Ok Mr Stan if it makes you feel better we'll pat y'all on the head and tell you you have just as much passion as anyone. But at the same time you never see this kind of thread in the public school message boards. That alone speaks for itself. 

9 hours ago, orngnblk said:

THIS is what I'm talking about!!Me,my 3 sons all wore the OnB!All Captains just like ole dad and played because they had too not because I made them (the because they had to has a deep meaning in these small Irin man schools).Seeing the Fri night light poles as your coming around the last curve on hwy 95 and your arm hairs start to stand up.Man I love this stuff!!!

Got tears in my eyes last night seeing my oldest boy get his flag jersey. It's his 3rd year but dang it happens everytime! 

23 hours ago, USJalum88 said:

Good then you should have no trouble getting them on the threads. No need to ask us to come over then ;)