Union City welcomes TCA to Tornado Alley

Tornado82

On 9/2/2022 at 11:46 PM, shockernation said:

Poor TCA

History says it should be an interesting affair. We shall see.

How is your MS program thus year. I will be live streaming the game between our two programs on Thursday  on my West Tennessee Sports  Facebook page. I hope you will take the time to check it out.

Union City should come into this game as the prohibitive favorite. There is no reason to think otherwise. After all, TCA is young, small, and numbers poor. We are just young one legged boys in a butt kicking contest against men. There is nothing to see when talking about the Lions. Save your money and don't come to the game. Take the wife up to Red's Southern BBQ. The early forecast show a high temperature of 81 with a 45 % chance of thunderstorms, predominately in the evening.

I'll have some numbers to share later on. Hopefully the game will be injury free.

TCA at Union City By The Numbers

Friday will mark the 7th time in history that these two teams have met in football. Here is a look back at each game in this series by the numbers.

First TCA win was in 2007 during the first round of the playoffs in Union City by a score of 42-0. The second meeting between the 2 teams took place in 2009 in a game that was played at TCA and won by the Lions 31-21. That was the last loss of the year for UC as they went on to win a state title while TCA missed getting in the show. The 2010 game at Union City saw the Lions win 21-15. TCA lost in the 2A state championship to Signal Mountain with a roster of less than 25 players. 

The series took a break until 2017 when the two teams met at TCA and UC scored their first victory in the series winning 49-31. Union City went on to win a state title that year. 2018 saw the Lions travel to UC and drop a brutally physical game by the score of 14-6 as UC advanced to the quarter-finals that year. After a two year hiatus, the two teams met again at TCA and those Tornados blew out of town with a 28-20 win during the "inadvertent whistle game" which cost TCA a touchdown as they were crossing the goal line. The "inadvertant whistle" blew on or about the 20 yard line on the UC side of the field. 

UC should be the favorite in Friday's game. That is without question. However, 3 of the last 4 meetings have been decided by 8 points or less. One thing is for sure, a team with some purple in their uniforms will win come Friday night.  Hoping most of all for an injury free game between both teams.

9 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Union City should come into this game as the prohibitive favorite. There is no reason to think otherwise. After all, TCA is young, small, and numbers poor. We are just young one legged boys in a butt kicking contest against men. There is nothing to see when talking about the Lions. Save your money and don't come to the game. Take the wife up to Red's Southern BBQ. The early forecast show a high temperature of 81 with a 45 % chance of thunderstorms, predominately in the evening.

I'll have some numbers to share later on. Hopefully the game will be injury free.

This fat boy appreciates the Southern Red’s reference. Some fine chewing and swallowing there. 

• Thanks 1