South Pittsburg vs Murphy (stone man against this Watson man)

Roy Dillard

11 minutes ago, powerp said:

That’s not a good SP team. Would like to have seen both battle the last 6 years or so.

I know it wasn't really South Pitt posters talking all that smack, so to you guys I say good game and good luck on the rest of your season. I wish these two could have played the last 15 years, probably some awesome games in there. 

As far as Basin goes they just need to thank their lucky stars that they don't play Murphy. Being totally honest they'd have about the same record as Andrews has against Murphy over the last 40 years (1 win) if they weren't too chickens#%! to play. 

Edited by mbdfan
  • Like 2

Just got home from the Maryville Alcoa game and it was great I see Murphy won 34-28 so props to y’all I honestly thought that pitt would be able to use their speed to win and looking back the only time the get in trouble is when someone drives it down their throat. From what I have read on here it sounds like that’s what happened, south pitt was undisciplined, coaching weren’t good, and the atmosphere they feed off wasn’t there. I want to get on YouTube and watch this game but it sounds like a good football game south pitt has been down for a while and they won state last year when I was saying they weren’t good and McKenzie would beat them. I eat my words tonight Murphy won I just wish they had been playing when both had their old coaches and the teams were in their prime.

20 minutes ago, mbdfan said:

I know it wasn't really South Pitt posters talking all that smack, so to you guys I say good game and good luck on the rest of your season. I wish these two could have played the last 15 years, probably some awesome games in there. 

As far as Basin goes they just need to thank their lucky stars that they don't play Murphy. Being totally honest they'd have about the same record as Andrews has against Murphy over the last 40 years (1 win) if they weren't too chickens#%! to play. 

Has Murphy ever offered to play before Grabowski came?

45 minutes ago, mbdfan said:

Congrats to you guys on the win tonight.  Line play was the difference and I had a feeling we would lose that battle. If we had been playing the last 15 years there would have been several good football games and probably a very good rivalry. Hope you guys have a safe trip back to NC and goodluck the rest of the season. 

• Like 3

On 9/3/2022 at 6:05 PM, TyroneBiggums said:

I can’t take much from Lookout Valley game. South Pitt looks to have a pretty good offense. Defense might get whipped in this one though and keep them off the field. Murphy is known to be extremely physical in the run game. If South Pitt can hit some big plays in passing they can get the W but that’s a big IF. With a new QB and this early in the season I will pick the team with the power run game. If this one was toward the end I would pick the Pirates. Murphy by 7. I’m just keeping it real

Sounds like I was spot on. I figured y’all would struggle with them up front. I saw some on the CCS game and y’all are small up front after losing some dudes last year. Keep slinging that rock though. That offense will give y’all upper hand come November. Hopefully some of that youth will grow up come playoffs. I think y’all will win out now. I’m just keeping it real 

6 minutes ago, LethalAttack said:

Dang I was off 8 points. Pretty much what I expected. Pirates should finish 8-2 and make a run in the east. Got to clean up the undisciplined stuff.

Coaches need to get ahold of the undisciplined stuff quickly.  It's hard to win a ballgame with 200 yards in penalties.  I hope we can take this one and learn a lot from it because this team still has the potential to make a deep playoff run. It all depends on how hard they are willing to work for. There's still a lot of football left