Oak Ridge against Farragut

bounder

18 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Hopefully not, but that’s a realistic score I could see it ending up as. I have a bad feeling we’ll be hard pressed to stop the Farragut pass attack with the continued absence of our starting corners. It’d be tough enough to with them both out there. Will probably see a lot of Heyward on defense again this game I’m guessing.

I really just don't see this being a game. We're getting hot and rolling right now. Thats not to say Farragut isn't good. 

20 minutes ago, GaddyDaddy said:

I really just don't see this being a game. We're getting hot and rolling right now. Thats not to say Farragut isn't good. 

As a casual observer, I think this game will be relatively close. Farragut isn't a pushover, plus the last time OR "comfortably" won this matchup was back during the infamous 2005 season, if I remember correctly. Farragut has had OR's number ever since then, leading the series 12-4. In OR's four wins, three were by a TD or less. I just don't see either team running away with this one.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

As a casual observer, I think this game will be relatively close. Farragut isn't a pushover, plus the last time OR "comfortably" won this matchup was back during the infamous 2005 season, if I remember correctly. Farragut has had OR's number ever since then, leading the series 12-4. In OR's four wins, three were by a TD or less. I just don't see either team running away with this one.

Ads by twenty

1 hour ago, GaddyDaddy said:

you cant really believe this.  We squeaked by Clinton and FHS is much better "team" than Clinton.  Have you even seen Farragut play this year?  We will have to play our best game yet to get this win.  

It's crazy posts like this that make me think Gaddy is trying to create bulletin board material for whoever we play

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

Yeah.  

Farragut has been Oak Ridge's kryptonite at times.  

On a personal note, two of the guys whom I really respect in broadcasting, both of whom I consider mentors in the business will be broadcasting the game for different stations.  David Clary for Oak Ridge, and Eric Gerhardt for Farragut.  Both class acts and professionals in the booth  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, HTV said:

Yeah.  

Farragut has been Oak Ridge's kryptonite at times.  

On a personal note, two of the guys whom I really respect in broadcasting, both of whom I consider mentors in the business will be broadcasting the game for different stations.  David Clary for Oak Ridge, and Eric Gerhardt for Farragut.  Both class acts and professionals in the booth  

Definitely the past 15 years or so, and I really dislike it, ha. Some of the best games I’ve seen were in this series. The ‘88 game (Gaddis’ first year in his 1st tenure) with Joe White spinning into the EZ on the End Around for the winning 2 point conversion is one of my favorite memories as an OR fan. 

Edited by SweetScience