MARSHALL COUNTY hosting TULLAHOMA

Chiledeme

On 9/7/2022 at 10:47 AM, yom0mma5favfan69 said:

@Chiledeme Salty much? Despite the fact last year's State Championship team was made up of Franklin County kids or not, it's obvious why they made that choice and it seemed to be the right one. If anyone's the blame, blame Franklin County's admin for the high turnover from the top to bottom. Blame them for hiring coaches that don't know how to coach talent and not putting them in a position to succeed. Don't worry though, ya'll should when the state championship this year with that bunch of seniors ya'll have, that's what the community thinks anyway. If Tullahoma has a better program than the school I'm currently sending my children to, heck, I'd send my kids there too.

@Chiledeme I want to apologize, I misplaced my @ with the wrong person. That was for @Twistedwedge

On 9/8/2022 at 10:52 AM, Twistedwedge said:

Nope just stating the Facts.  I do blame Franklin County's admin. That was my point in the post.  The north middle school has been a recruiting hot bed for Tullahoma for years and now the head football coach for North is  encouraging players to go to Tullahoma  and the admin know this and do nothing . BY the way i am not worried about state championship at this time.  Some may be looking ahead at state this year but me i worry about one game at a time. I am sure that throughout last season Tullahoma community thought that the senior class would win state.  Deference is that if FC does it they do it with talent from Franklin County.   But your right no matter how Tullahoma won state the fact is they won state.

@Twistedwedge Those kids that you are talking about have been playing in Tullahoma since they were little kids. That whole group of seniors played together from Pop Warner to the time they graduated, expect maybe 2. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yom0mma5favfan69 said:

@Twistedwedge Those kids that you are talking about have been playing in Tullahoma since they were little kids. That whole group of seniors played together from Pop Warner to the time they graduated, expect maybe 2. 

I don't really care one way or the other, but one starting OL was on the roster at FC in July, then played at Tullahoma.  Dad got a job there, and it's totally fine (ironically enough, think he had come to FC FROM Tullahoma some years before).  Two other OL played middle school ball in FC, one at North, the other at South.  Another kid (not OL) played youth football in Winchester for at least 2-3 years, but was always going to play school ball in Tullahoma.  Different sport, but I have a neighbor who played baseball there and we live 15 miles from Tullahoma.  Don't blame him for going there one bit.  I know and like all of these kids except one (don't really know him except by name).  Coached them all at one time or another and am glad for anything good that happens to them.

None of it means much except that FC would be better if they had their act together enough to keep more kids home (seem to be making a little progress).  And Tullahoma has done a good job of making their program into an attractive place to play.  Adding 3-4 starters to an already good team is a nice way to win a few extra games, in my view.  Certainly better than losing 3-4 from a single class.  

Edited by PullinGuard

2 hours ago, PullinGuard said:

Tend to doubt this.  There are several other Middle Schools in Lincoln County who can choose to play HS ball at City if they like.  So, imo, City isn't likely going anywhere.  Besides, if their MS has been in decline 3-4 years and that's a determining factor, the HS should've been better 3-4 years ago than now.  They obviously weren't.  

You need to research before you doubt publicly. They were undefeated in 2019 and got DQ'd by TSSAA on a ridiculous transfer ruling. They won state 2 year ago. This group of seniors and the grade above them were untouchable in middle school. The junior class was just average without KJ and it's been downhill since then. The only bad season in that stretch was when half the team quit after the first game in 2018 and they phoned the season in.  A new coach and they've been a top team in the state for now 4 seasons. Last 4 seasons: 10-0, 13-2, 12-2, and now 3-0. Obviously weren't? :roflol:

3 hours ago, Salem said:

You need to research before you doubt publicly. They were undefeated in 2019 and got DQ'd by TSSAA on a ridiculous transfer ruling. They won state 2 year ago. This group of seniors and the grade above them were untouchable in middle school. The junior class was just average without KJ and it's been downhill since then. The only bad season in that stretch was when half the team quit after the first game in 2018 and they phoned the season in.  A new coach and they've been a top team in the state for now 4 seasons. Last 4 seasons: 10-0, 13-2, 12-2, and now 3-0. Obviously weren't? :roflol:

They were 1-10 four seasons ago.  You said middle school has been declining for four years and now you say four years ago they were untouchable in MS.  Regardless, there are 3-4 more middle schools to pull from in LC and I suspect they'll do just that.

Of course there will be some ups and downs, but there has been a lot of talent in Lincoln County for 40 years (four state titles in that period, of course), and that's not going away.  It's highly likely that City will get plenty of that going forward - I don't see LCHS pulling most of it any time soon.  You may just discover that you're not as informed about football inside of Lincoln County as you think and should've done some research yourself. 

I doubt you are correct.  Fayetteville doesn't look like a normal 1A team, and there are very good reasons for that.  Those reasons aren't going away, regardless of your middle school observations.

Edited by PullinGuard

On 9/7/2022 at 11:32 AM, CatsAndPats said:

I think Marshall Co. wins by 2 scores also. Tullahoma has lots of juniors and sophomores. Better to get Tullahoma earlier in the season. I think they’ll be pretty good in the 2nd half of the season.  I’m thinking  3rd or 4th in the region. 

I’m adjusting my prediction to Marshall by 25-30. Heard Tullahoma may be missing a few starters tonight. I hope that’s just a rumor. 

3 hours ago, CatsAndPats said:
3 hours ago, PullinGuard said:

I think it is true - hearing it as well.

I’m adjusting my prediction to Marshall by 25-30. Heard Tullahoma may be missing a few starters tonight. I hope that’s just a rumor. 

I believe you fellas are correct. I heard that there were not near as many dressing out tonight for Tullahoma. Good luck to the players on and off the field. They are gonna need it!