Poor reporting or predicting

ILB1999

So I opened the News-sentinel this morning and I read two things in their Predictions for the weekend games That I had to share here.  They've picked Fulton over Bearden by a Touchdown. and Carter over Karns.  I don't see any way these are correct predictions.  But I'd love to hear your alls takes.  Thanks.

I'll hang up and listen.

19 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

So I opened the News-sentinel this morning and I read two things in their Predictions for the weekend games That I had to share here.  They've picked Fulton over Bearden by a Touchdown. and Carter over Karns.  I don't see any way these are correct predictions.  But I'd love to hear your alls takes.  Thanks.

I'll hang up and listen.

I post Barney's favorites every week just to see how I stack up with those guys plus showing how predictable everything is because of the unfair setup the way TSSAA has everything. I was 35-7 last week. I like to wait until mid week to post because of injuries and other things posters on here know that I don't before basing my final conclusion. I love doing that.

• Like 1

That paper has a new Prep sports person every 6 months, none of them from the area with much knowledge of the local high school sports scene. Don't take anything they write seriously. More times than not they just rewrite a story 5 Star Preps has already done. 

Gannett killed local high school sports coverage. 

Edited by HTV
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, ILB1999WHS said:

I'll hang up and listen.

To be fair, a flipped coin is right ~50% of the time...

HTV is right though. When Gannett took control of the local paper, they took quality prep sports coverage with it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oridgecat said:

I wonder if whatever goof ball did those predictions would take my 2 game parlay.

Give me Bearden over Fulton

and Karns over Carter

Cat, I feel you are right on both counts. And HTV hit it on the head. Not sure how much knowledge these News-Sentinel employees have of area football or history. I noticed it with some early season picks.

1 hour ago, dawgs82 said:

Cat, I feel you are right on both counts. And HTV hit it on the head. Not sure how much knowledge these News-Sentinel employees have of area football or history. I noticed it with some early season picks.

I still have some friends who work for Gannett, and I do feel for them.  But that said, I wouldn't even go for the "$1 for 6 months" offers they give to get subscribers.  The "local" papers are nothing more than 4-6 pages of somewhat outdated local stories, and the rest regurgitated UselessAToday stories and I am just not interested in reading that Gannett line of editorial policy.  

Media is a dark and dangerous place in this country right now.  

I've better shut up.  

7 hours ago, HTV said:

That paper has a new Prep sports person every 6 months, none of them from the area with much knowledge of the local high school sports scene. Don't take anything they write seriously. More times than not they just rewrite a story 5 Star Preps has already done. 

Gannett killed local high school sports coverage. 

HTV......Knott onlee did Gannett/Tegna kill print sports coverage .....They also killed WBIR's local sports on their 6 pm news broadcast and much of the local news.....Gotta keep those national stories going, when 300 outlets already do........That's why me and momma switched two Channel 8......:popcorneater:

58 minutes ago, HTV said:

I still have some friends who work for Gannett, and I do feel for them.  But that said, I wouldn't even go for the "$1 for 6 months" offers they give to get subscribers.  The "local" papers are nothing more than 4-6 pages of somewhat outdated local stories, and the rest regurgitated UselessAToday stories and I am just not interested in reading that Gannett line of editorial policy.  

Media is a dark and dangerous place in this country right now.  

I've better shut up.  

You are 100% correct. Keep speaking the truth. When we stop speaking the truth, they win. The Left runs most media and they spew indoctrination propaganda and 0 truth.

2 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

You are 100% correct. Keep speaking the truth. When we stop speaking the truth, they win. The Left runs most media and they spew indoctrination propaganda and 0 truth.

Yep. 

But out of my respect for my friend,  Jim (AKA Coach T), I want to be careful and not violate his rule on keeping political topics off the board. He sees enough of that from me on Facebook. 

Edited by HTV