Peabody at Dyersburg

3 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

It is Bush league move by Dyersburg to not allow the live stream. Shows very low class.

Well, It’s my understanding that Coach Kirby at Covington has asked the Covington Gridiron Association not to live stream our home games. That would affect ticket sales, and these athletic departments need that cash flow to survive. 

Our home games are available on Facebook on a delayed basis, I understand.  So, personally, I would not fault Dyersburg. It’s a business decision.

3 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Well, It’s my understanding that Coach Kirby at Covington has asked the Covington Gridiron Association not to live stream our home games. That would affect ticket sales, and these athletic departments need that cash flow to survive. 

Our home games are available on Facebook on a delayed basis, I understand.  So, personally, I would not fault Dyersburg. It’s a business decision.

I'm guessing the answer is no, but it never hurts to ask.  Does Covington allow visiting teams to live stream from George Pinner Stadium?

12 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Dyersburg still has a live broadcast for their fans. Peabody deserves the same right for theirs.  Saying it's a financial decision isn't really backed up by fact.

I did a live Facebook football broadcast earlier this week and large chunks of my audience were from out of state and out of country. The effect on the local gate is very minor. This decision by Dyersburg creates nothing but I'll will and it denies many people the opportu ity to see their team because they can't make the game because of sickness, a handicap, or other reasons. It's bad business to disallow. And remember, Karma is a mean and vengeful woman.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

Dyersburg still has a live broadcast for their fans. Peabody deserves the same right for theirs.  Saying it's a financial decision isn't really backed up by fact.

I did a live Facebook football broadcast earlier this week and large chunks of my audience were from out of state and out of country. The effect on the local gate is very minor. This decision by Dyersburg creates nothing but I'll will and it denies many people the opportu ity to see their team because they can't make the game because of sickness, a handicap, or other reasons. It's bad business to disallow. And remember, Karma is a mean and vengeful woman.

^^^^this^^^^

Thank you for doing what you did the other night for our middle school. It was a great broadcast. I share your thoughts about the livestream. Having a livestream has built up the fanbase at Peabody to heights I don't think we have seen before. I have seen an improvement in our attendance, not a drop. Simple business knowledge makes you realize the more people you can get following your team the more fans you will have. If you go by the thinking of not showing games then why does every college, professional team  decide to show there games on video. It is exposure for the kids and your program. I just don't understand it!