West TN Rural Top 10 Week 7

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

8 hours ago, TNHSFOOTBALLFAN said:

Was just wondering,,But what exactly does this mean?   the "minus Shelby Co" part of course. 

I have been doing this thread for a couple of years now. The rural part just means not including Shelby co. I do this weekly poll to discuss who the best teams are in west tn not including Shelby co. There are some fine teams in Shelby co so this is meant as no slight to them. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

As far as McKenzie goes, Chester Co and Obion Co are not bad football teams. They both have a couple of playmakers.  The difference, we have several, and that is what makes us so good.  And its just not at the skill positions either.  Folks only look at the Huntingdon game to judge us.  Our offensive line is playing as well as last year. Our defensive line fires off. And well…Cassisdy, Taylor, Tharpe,  Webber, McCreary, Aird, Roditis, Chappell….enough said.  I guess our true test is Friday.  We will see. 

Edited by VOLnWTN

19 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

As far as McKenzie goes, Chester Co and Obion Co are not bad football teams. They both have a couple of playmakers.  The difference, we have several, and that is what makes us so good.  And its just not at the skill positions either.  Folks only look at the Huntingdon game to judge us.  Our offensive line is playing as well as last year. Our defensive line fires off. And well…Cassisdy, Taylor, Tharpe,  Webber, McCreary, Aird, Roditis, Chappell….enough said.  I guess our true test is Friday.  We will see. 

I'd say our true test is Friday. Everyone knew what McKenzie was bringing back, we were supposed to be good but top five in TN is pushing it. For me anyway. McKenzie, Westview and Obion County were the main games I was worried about. With the main test being Friday night. Hoping for a good safe game on both sides. I'm fired up to find out if the hype is deserved!!! 

1 hour ago, ysoangry said:

I'd say our true test is Friday. Everyone knew what McKenzie was bringing back, we were supposed to be good but top five in TN is pushing it. For me anyway. McKenzie, Westview and Obion County were the main games I was worried about. With the main test being Friday night. Hoping for a good safe game on both sides. I'm fired up to find out if the hype is deserved!!! 

LOL... Hype on which team?  I say both.

On 9/27/2022 at 9:03 AM, Croppygenius said:

Hate to admit it but I agree. McKenzie is special this year. I don't know that I wouldn't put the Rebels at #1 in this poll. I know they haven't played a tough schedule but that don't make any difference. They are a very good team. They controlled our rushing offense much better than anyone else has!

Haywood County is a different animal. Not sure McKenzie would have the depth to hang for a whole game. But still an interesting perspective.

50 minutes ago, reddyrebel6 said:

Haywood County is a different animal. Not sure McKenzie would have the depth to hang for a whole game. But still an interesting perspective.

I think the top 3 in this poll would make for some great games. But I think there is a definite gap after that. McKenzie would lose soundly to Haywood. 

• Like 1