McEwen @ Dresden, Oct.7

HevyReturns

2 hours ago, Orangefanallday said:

Tommy looked the healthiest I’ve seen him all year Friday night. Zero Limp and was cutting on it. Marcus Carter will be the fastest player on the field Friday night. He’s makes it hard on teams to key on Tommy. Shame he waited to his senior year to play. Mcewen had 8 starters out last year and no depth. This won’t be a cake walk for Dresden like they think. Mcewen eats a ton of clock with their offense 

I think you guys can pull out the victory. A lot of folks on here think McEwen is fixing to get dog walked across the field but I’m not so sure of that. Good luck bud I will be keeping an eye on this one. 

4 hours ago, hogheaven said:

Dresden got bent over the rebel knee and spanked like a red headed stepchild.  The rushing yards were pathetic.  With that crappy blocking im guessing the warriors open a can of whooparse on the Little lions. Just sayin

Mcewen won’t be able to shut teams down they will give up points. They will have to outscore Dresden to have a chance. 

6 hours ago, hogheaven said:

Dresden got bent over the rebel knee and spanked like a red headed stepchild.  The rushing yards were pathetic.  With that crappy blocking im guessing the warriors open a can of whooparse on the Little lions. Just sayin

The Lions will be alright. Dresden has a very good 1a team, not a great one. McKenzie has a great 1a team. Team of the century type team!

Dresden will put the McKenzie game behind them and win this game big. Hodge will have his team ready. This is not a slight on McEwen but Dresden is just a better team. The lions are better than the effort they gave Friday night. McKenzie is just senior laden team on a mission. All of Dresden's aspirations are still there for them to achieve. Good luck to both teams.

Lack of effort was never the problem against McKenzie. The lack of an effective game plan by any stretch of the imagination doomed the Lions right out of the gate, Pass game struggling? Lets throw 30 straight times. Defending a high speed running attack? Lets crowd the middle & play chase up the sidelines against arguably the best/fastest runner anywhere. Never any adjustment. Tried the same 6 plays all night long. 3 & a half quarters with one single run play? Hats off to McKenzie, they are everything they are made up to be and then some. The Lions were flat failed. The kids were ready. The untold thousands of fans that these kids got completely embarrassed in front of. Dozens of McKenzie fans walking that parking lot saying how good Dresden was, then ask what was wrong with the team. It was widely evident even to them, that something was amiss.

It sure was.

Will they bouce back? ha-haha  

13 minutes ago, SpottedGoat said:

Lack of effort was never the problem against McKenzie. The lack of an effective game plan by any stretch of the imagination doomed the Lions right out of the gate, Pass game struggling? Lets throw 30 straight times. Defending a high speed running attack? Lets crowd the middle & play chase up the sidelines against arguably the best/fastest runner anywhere. Never any adjustment. Tried the same 6 plays all night long. 3 & a half quarters with one single run play? Hats off to McKenzie, they are everything they are made up to be and then some. The Lions were flat failed. The kids were ready. The untold thousands of fans that these kids got completely embarrassed in front of. Dozens of McKenzie fans walking that parking lot saying how good Dresden was, then ask what was wrong with the team. It was widely evident even to them, that something was amiss.

It sure was.

Will they bouce back? ha-haha  

I agree with this post 100%.  I felt as though we would win by maybe 2 TD's.  Dresden has a big line.  Dresden has some speed.  I thought for sure the second half, Dresden was going to come out, and line up in an "I" and try to power since the first half attack didn't work.   They are a solid football team. Just sometimes, you get a mindset this is what I am going to do, and that is it.  

4 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Totally unrelated topic. But going through the enrollments and saw Big Sandy at 38. Why aren't those kids just going to Camden?

I know that some of them do go to Camden to take some classes part of the day.  Well, that is what a teacher over there told me. 

40 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Totally unrelated topic. But going through the enrollments and saw Big Sandy at 38. Why aren't those kids just going to Camden?

I have no answer.  Wish I did. It coast way more to pay the teachers and bills/up keep  than to bus the kids over.  Keep in mind thats 38 HS students. so Multiply that times 4? I guess?   152 total k-12.   Big Sandy is very very very anti Camden. Might be they would rather consolidate with Henry County :roflol: Bruceton Kids would be better off spliting between Camden and Huntingdon too IMHO 

39 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

I know that some of them do go to Camden to take some classes part of the day.  Well, that is what a teacher over there told me. 

Most seniors and Juniors from Big Sandy spend over half there day at Camden. It is really  a waste. Might as well just  cut off Big Ssandy  at 8th grade ship them over here. Holiday does it that way.

Hodgi must of been sick, and the principal "pass every time" K was calling the plays.   Poor lions..... coach evan's last 3 hairs fell out during that game.   Dresden does have a history of playing better in the playoffs at mckenzie so this could of been the plan.  Coach harris the only one with 2 brain cells to come up with that plan....  only 2!  Bahahaha.  I love the dresden staff.   They good peoples