Greeneville Football at Oak Ridge

noonesfool

16 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Like you alluded to a few posts ago, and I myself last night, it’s a culture thing. I think they’ll be some changes coming forth in the off-season concerning some coaches that were retained by CSC from the previous staff. Just a hunch I have.

Yep.  Which is what I was saying about changes having been made for a reason.  The culture was allowed to get to that point by individuals no longer in a position to allow them to continue.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

yup, me too. But at the end of the Day,......IMO....Alcoa, Greeneville and Knox West will represent the East in the Championship games in Chattanooga.

We’ll see. I tend to agree though. One big difference I see in G-ville and AC is that G-ville actually plays really good defense too. I think that is and has been the biggest difference between those 2 through the years, the difference in defensive play. AC just seems to struggle in that area for whatever reason.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SweetScience said:

We’ll see. I tend to agree though. One big difference I see in G-ville and AC is that G-ville actually plays really good defense too. I think that is and has been the biggest difference between those 2 through the years, the difference in defensive play. AC just seems to struggle in that area for whatever reason.

Well said SweetScience!!

On 10/8/2022 at 1:09 AM, pepvol said:

Seems like there’s quite a few just wanting to kick someone while they’re down to me … the best thing about tonight for Oak ridge I thought was the interview with Coach Cummings after the game … he was absolutely tore to pieces over it , he didn’t try to downplay nothing, he let the whole world know that this wasn’t good enough. He seems to me like he’s still got a lot of fight left in him and he showed for a lot of years at West that he could field a team with a lot of Heart and Fight , and I think right now that’s exactly what Oak Ridge needs 

Agreed.  It was an ugly whippin' we took.  When I saw Greeneville warming up, they had 27 kids in the lineman group, all of which looked big, strong tough, and well drilled,  like they could play and even start.  We started the season with about 16 big fellas total.  How it got this way doesn't matter now.  This is going to take some time to get right.   No point in placing blame on this staff, previous staff etc.  This is where we find ourselves.  Thick and thin, good with the bad. Two more opportunities to get it right.  Hopefully make the playoffs and end on a positive note.  Stick together Cat fans. 

Edited by oridgecat
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SweetScience said:

It's going to be an interesting playoffs this year. I believe AC would have to get by Betsy to meet Greeneville. And they say it's hard to be beat a team twice in one year as close as Betsy played AC. I hope the Mavs Defensive shows a remarkable difference when playing Betsy and Greeneville on defense in playoffs. I just have to believe the Mavs have a different game plan on defense this year in the playoffs with Lambert the new defensive Coach and add RB's Monster Moog and The Beast Noe ground and pound we should be ready. It's a chess game and I believe firmly the Mavs know how the game is played this time around. We will see, of course the team that turns the ball over could go home with a route. 

I certainly will look forward to seeing Greeneville and AC play if they meet in the playoffs. I would give the edge to Greeneville, having seen both teams now. I think their defense may be the difference. 

Oak Ridge put this game in the rear view mirror and get ready for Karns, the Beavers will be looking for their first win ever here at Blankenship and to lock in the 2nd place slot in the playoffs. This is a bigger game than Greeneville and Packer has put it in his schedule because he loves to see OR lose. Let’s disappoint him OK? 

Just a question?  Does AC only use starters and sparingly sub their players?  Because the way I see it to keep up with the routes, the multiple backs, and formations used by Besty and G-Ville it would take a lot from any Team that's not conditioned using reserves to spare starters.  What is the panel thoughts on this?

2 hours ago, Morice49 said:

Just a question?  Does AC only use starters and sparingly sub their players?  Because the way I see it to keep up with the routes, the multiple backs, and formations used by Besty and G-Ville it would take a lot from any Team that's not conditioned using reserves to spare starters.  What is the panel thoughts on this?

AC is somewhat better this year with conditioning. AC WR routes are pretty complex and has always been pretty hard to stop. With dual RB effort and improved defense AC is fine. What benefits Greeneville is that we have to go through Betsy or Betsy go through us to play Greeneville. That gives a slight edge to Greeneville. But Who knows. And that's why we play the game. Remember the alamo opps sorry Mo.West...lol

5 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

AC is somewhat better this year with conditioning. AC WR routes are pretty complex and has always been pretty hard to stop. With dual RB effort and improved defense AC is fine. What benefits Greeneville is that we have to go through Betsy or Betsy go through us to play Greeneville. That gives a slight edge to Greeneville. But Who knows. And that's why we play the game. Remember the alamo opps sorry Mo.West...lol

Mavsinflight Ac Wr routes have always been pretty complex and has been hard for other teams to stop or more like slow down.  The Offense other than them always seeming to throw a INT or Two against Greeneville has never been the problem, it's matching the physicality on the Defensive Side and also in the trenches on O. (Greeneville has always got pressure on the QB when playing AC and forces throws they aren't use to making).  You all have had the same route for years having to go through both Greeneville and Betsy just depending on who wins our conference so it's no different than any other year.

Don't know what the Alamo or Morristown West Comment has to do about anything since we beat them.  That would be like me bringing up Rhea County or Betsy to you.

Edited by Swipes

Swipes my thought exactly.  AC Mav is good I give that to you. But when it comes to matches this year just like last year. You all will have trouble with any teM that can pass and with a mobile QB.  Devils has both again I don't think AC can cover 11 on 11. AC conditioning will be tested by Besty and G Ville from both sides.  I'll bring the popcorn.  Until we meet hopefully we will.  I Wish Mav country stays healthy and full strength going into the playoffs.  

3 hours ago, Swipes said:

Mavsinflight Ac Wr routes have always been pretty complex and has been hard for other teams to stop or more like slow down.  The Offense other than them always seeming to throw a INT or Two against Greeneville has never been the problem, it's matching the physicality on the Defensive Side and also in the trenches on O. (Greeneville has always got pressure on the QB when playing AC and forces throws they aren't use to making).  You all have had the same route for years having to go through both Greeneville and Betsy just depending on who wins our conference so it's no different than any other year.

Don't know what the Alamo or Morristown West Comment has to do about anything since we beat them.  That would be like me bringing up Rhea County or Betsy to you.

Haha good return. Yep you beat a Mo. West and we beat a Rhea Co. And Greeneville has done well...up to this point. I am not a gambling man but pretty sure it will be Betsy AC before Greeneville AC or Betsy, may be wrong and hope I am. Well have to play the games. I am pretty sure the Mavs will have a bestest plan this year, again I may be wrong but am entitled that much after the many loses in the playoffs over the years... lol :o