Best radio broadcast?

InDaHuddle

West Tennessee is blessed to have some tremendous radio guys. Obviously I’m biased towards Charles Dawson, who is in his 40th season of coverage for Dyersburg High School Athletics. 

Here are some other great broadcasters in no particular order:

Chuck Asa/Bubba Cobb (Dyer County High School)

Robin Cude/Bradley Owens (The Victory 93.7, various teams from Gibson County)

Russell Barker (Obion County Central)

Paul Tinkle (Westview)

12 minutes ago, Jet Pride said:

Couple come to mind... Cumberland County radio crew on 102.5 is one of the best that comes to mind to bad the football teams is bad most years.

Kingston & Loudon radio crews do a great job.

WECO does a great job covering Morgan, Roane & Scott

Thank you, I have bookmarked these sites. I have listened to the Loudon guys before, but it was a while back. It may have been greenback, but it was somebody in that area. They were pretty good.

4 minutes ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

West Tennessee is blessed to have some tremendous radio guys. Obviously I’m biased towards Charles Dawson, who is in his 40th season of coverage for Dyersburg High School Athletics. 

Here are some other great broadcasters in no particular order:

Chuck Asa/Bubba Cobb (Dyer County High School)

Robin Cude/Bradley Owens (The Victory 93.7, various teams from Gibson County)

Russell Barker (Obion County Central)

Paul Tinkle (Westview)

Thank you, if these guys are online then I will try to check them out as well.

As a guy who did radio play by play for 25 years, i still enjoy tuning radio guys in on Friday nights. Some of the really good ones still on the air that come to mind are:

Dave Clary, a mentor of mine in the business. Been doing Oak Ridge sports for 40ish years. And a good friend. 

Eric Gerhardt, another whom I learned a lot from. Longtime Farragut play by play guy. 

Terry Patrick, a former color man of mine. Replaced a bonafide legend at McMinn County. 

Glenn McNish of Lenoir City. Talk about a legend in radio, that's Glenn. 

Russell Mayes of Fulton. A real pro, and a guy I am proud to call a trusted friend. 

John Wilkerson, who does Knoxville Catholic. A pro. Period. 

Steve Wilmouth, who does D-B football. A guy I have gotten to know well, and another good friend and a real pro. 

Bobby Rader in Tri Cities. One of the first guys to make me feel welcomed and offer to help when I first started in the business. 

Just a few still active that come to mind immediately. There are many more I have had the pleasure of listening to and knowing over the years. 

Edited by HTV
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, HTV said:

As a guy who did radio play by play for 25 years, i still enjoy tuning radio guys in on Friday nights. Some of the really good ones still on the air that come to mind are:

Dave Clary, a mentor of mine in the business. Bbeen doing Oak Ridge sports for 40ish years. And a good friend. 

Eric Gerhardt, another whom I learned a lot from. Longtime Farragut play by play guy. 

Terry Patrick, a former color man of mine. Replaced a bonafide legend at McMinn County. 

Glenn McNish of Lenoir City. Talk about a legend in radio, that's Glenn. 

Russell Mayes of Fulton. A real pro, and a guy I am proud to call a trusted friend. 

John Wilkerson, who does Knoxville Catholic. A pro. Period. 

Steve Wilmouth, who does D-B football. A guy I have gotten to know well, and another good friend and a real pro. 

Bobby Rader in Tri Cities. One of the first guys to make me feel welcomed and offer to help when I first started in the business. 

Just a few still active that come to mind immediately. There are many more I have had the pleasure of listening to and knowing over the years. 

A great list and I really enjoyed listening to you too , very professional! I’m surprised Eric Gerhardt isn’t announcing in college somewhere, he’s really amazing 

• Like 1

Don't know who's the best- but the two that called the DB/Greeneville game weren't great.  A good announcer will make you feel like you're watching the game even though you can't see it. I was watching the game with their call and was still confused b/c they often got the player's names incorrect, inserted way too much personal opinion and degraded players on air.