Region 5AA vs Reg 6AA

ddaddy

On 10/30/2022 at 10:16 AM, GeneralForrest said:

Loretto is Jekyll and Hyde. I could see Loretto playing Riverside to the wire or being down 28-6 in the 2nd Q. I literally cannot tell with these 2 regions

Loretto and Cascade are both Jekyll and Hyde. Wouldn't be surprised if Cascade wins and Loretto keeps it close Friday. Also, won't be surprised if Mt. Pleasant hosts Richland in the quarters.  The Tigers are solid. 

On 10/29/2022 at 8:13 AM, ddaddy said:

Who do you got?
Scotts Hill at Mt Pleasant 

Cascade at Lewis Co

Adamsville  at Richland 

Loretto at Riverside

Here’s my thoughts on each game.
SH at MP - while SH is a well coached team they will be out gunned by MP. I don’t believe SH has a very good offense to keep the ball away from MP speed. MP wins Big by 4 TDs. 
Adamsville at Richland- this is the hardest one to pick for me. Both are well coached. I think Richlands strength on offense plays to Adamsville weakness on defense. I also believe that AV will score some points so home field leads me to pick Richland by less than a TD.

Loretto at Riverside- there’s no denying that Loretto has some impressive firepower on offense, but the play calling is sometimes questionable. On the other side of the ball they play hard, but are below average. Again this could be a game where Riverside’s line strength could play to Loretto’s weakness on both sides of the ball. RS should be the more physical team and will win by at least 3 TDS if not more.

Cascade at LC - CC is the most puzzling team in their region. Before the season I thought that they could play for the region championship. The blowout loss to Richland and giving the game away to MP is the hardest to figure out. They have an impressive, swarming defense and are balanced on off. LC may be putting it all together at the right time.  The Soph QB McDonald and Sr Rec. Barnes are dangerous, but Brewer at RB makes this team go. If LC can continue their aggression on Def and cut out the mistakes they win win. If they turn the ball over and have senseless penalties it could give CC what they need to win. I believe either way it will be a one score win. Home field leads me to pick LC.

I say Mt. Pleasant as the region 5/6 representative to face one of the teams to the west. Because Hohenwald beat Riverside for this year’s paper championship, Riverside is most likely down. If that’s the case, looking at the bracket set up, Mt Pleasant has to be the best team of either. 

However, LC has a new coach and new offensive scheme so maybe this is the year they actually make it to and past round four.