Region 5AA vs Reg 6AA

ddaddy

11 hours ago, ddaddy said:

I would be shocked if Forrest’s coach got fired. Contrary to what some may think  it would be very challenging to find someone better. The fact is that quality coaches are not knocking down the door to come to these rural schools. Lewis Co hit a home run in getting Coach Rang, but all applicants after him was a gamble.

THIS IS

1. Scarcity mentality. The "well who u gonna git" crowd. You ACT in the best interest of the program snd let the Universe do the rest. ACT. INACTION kills programs, teams, relationships, etc. ACT. 

2. Coach Eli might be a fine person. He is NOT a GOOD HEAD FOOTBALL COACH. So almost ANYONE would be an improvement. I am not SAYING get just anyone. But you said the challenge would be finding someone BETTER and that is WRONG. They took the easy way out in promoting him to begin with. LAZY. 

3. Rang happened. End of discussion. You contradict your own point. "We let Sharp go and got a great guy in return but you cant just let a guy go and get a new guy and go 9-1 and win your region and 1st round playoff game.." ARE YOU KIDDING RIGHT NOW

16 hours ago, classof1994 said:

Serious question here.. is it normal practice for small town high schools to fire coaches for what the fans believe are a few underperforming years? I'll agree in the past Forrest was always a tough out.. seems like I can remember several low scoring games that went both ways.. But can the down year be put squarely on the coaches shoulders or were there some players that didn't perform? 

Silly. I am not gonna rehash 4 years of fails for you. They are on here if you feel like NOT being lazy. 

6 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

THIS IS

1. Scarcity mentality. The "well who u gonna git" crowd. You ACT in the best interest of the program snd let the Universe do the rest. ACT. INACTION kills programs, teams, relationships, etc. ACT. 

2. Coach Eli might be a fine person. He is NOT a GOOD HEAD FOOTBALL COACH. So almost ANYONE would be an improvement. I am not SAYING get just anyone. But you said the challenge would be finding someone BETTER and that is WRONG. They took the easy way out in promoting him to begin with. LAZY. 

3. Rang happened. End of discussion. You contradict your own point. "We let Sharp go and got a great guy in return but you cant just let a guy go and get a new guy and go 9-1 and win your region and 1st round playoff game.." ARE YOU KIDDING RIGHT NOW

As usual you missed the point 

13 hours ago, ddaddy said:

I would be shocked if Forrest’s coach got fired. Contrary to what some may think  it would be very challenging to find someone better. The fact is that quality coaches are not knocking down the door to come to these rural schools. Lewis Co hit a home run in getting Coach Rang, but all applicants after him was a gamble.

I think you're just trolling but I would be shocked if any team with a chance to be in region or have a playoff matchup with Forrest would take any other position. Of course you want him to stay.  For whatever reason quality coaches have absolutely been flocking to small rural 1A and 2A schools in our area. The only school not to capitalize on this was Cornersville, they passed over several qualified candidates to make their selection. Same influences responsible for that great decision are in the mix at Forrest too. 

1 hour ago, Salem said:

I think you're just trolling but I would be shocked if any team with a chance to be in region or have a playoff matchup with Forrest would take any other position. Of course you want him to stay.  For whatever reason quality coaches have absolutely been flocking to small rural 1A and 2A schools in our area. The only school not to capitalize on this was Cornersville, they passed over several qualified candidates to make their selection. Same influences responsible for that great decision are in the mix at Forrest too. 

Unlike you and your partner, I could care less one way or the other. I respect your post and insight so if you say he needs to go then he needs to go. My point was that it’s more difficult now to find quality coaches. When Coach Sharp chose to go to Columbia I thought there would be more qualified applicants than there were. If you will share the rules of posting on topics that are not your school I will be glad to consider it next time to keep from be called a troll. 

15 hours ago, ddaddy said:

Unlike you and your partner, I could care less one way or the other. I respect your post and insight so if you say he needs to go then he needs to go. My point was that it’s more difficult now to find quality coaches. When Coach Sharp chose to go to Columbia I thought there would be more qualified applicants than there were. If you will share the rules of posting on topics that are not your school I will be glad to consider it next time to keep from be called a troll. 

Lewis County is geographically isolated like Wayne or Perry County requiring a new coach to move.  Chapel Hill is the same size but we're an easier commute from lots of Williamson or Rutherford County where tons of 5A or 6A coordinators could make a change without making a move.  Applicants will not be a problem. There's a difference between trolling (verb) and being a troll (noun).  I may have been guilty of the first on occasion.  I had a mutual friend of some LC coaches a few years ago who jokingly said they hope we never make a change as long as we're on their schedule.  If I was at a region opponent I can absolutely understand that. Just look at the gap that was closed between programs in the last 4-5 years between Loretto, Cascade, Moore County, Mt. Pleasant, basically everyone. We should be glad Community and Huntland weren't on the schedule this year.

Riverside at Mt Pleasant - Mt Pleasant has AWAYS had great talent and now they have great coaching which makes them very dangerous. Riverside is physical and also well coached. RS has played speed this year in Lexington, but I’m not sure that MP has played anyone that has this kind of players upfront that RS has. Pressure will be the key for RS to slow down MP. If they can harass MP on defense it could be a long night for the Tigers. RS has to control the game with ball control offense and I think that they will. I think RS will win by 2 TDs. 35-21.

Adamsville at Lewis County- this is round II for these two. In the first round LC jumped out to a 20 pt lead then held on for a 47-27 win at AV. LC had no answer for the powerful running game of AV that rushed for nearly 300 yards. On the other side AV could not slow down LC’s passing game that threw for 5 TDs. I think this will be a high scoring game that will be won by LC at home 34-28.

3 hours ago, ddaddy said:

Riverside at Mt Pleasant - Mt Pleasant has AWAYS had great talent and now they have great coaching which makes them very dangerous. Riverside is physical and also well coached. RS has played speed this year in Lexington, but I’m not sure that MP has played anyone that has this kind of players upfront that RS has. Pressure will be the key for RS to slow down MP. If they can harass MP on defense it could be a long night for the Tigers. RS has to control the game with ball control offense and I think that they will. I think RS will win by 2 TDs. 35-21.

Adamsville at Lewis County- this is round II for these two. In the first round LC jumped out to a 20 pt lead then held on for a 47-27 win at AV. LC had no answer for the powerful running game of AV that rushed for nearly 300 yards. On the other side AV could not slow down LC’s passing game that threw for 5 TDs. I think this will be a high scoring game that will be won by LC at home 34-28.

Adamsville barely beat Richland. Barely. That should be enough but to break it down, they beat a team that Collinwood, evidently a small 1A school with a losing record, got beat by. Having won against their only real competition (Riverside) (excluding Fayetteville), there should be absolutely no way Hohenwald loses to them.

New regime; new offense; new season and new era!

On 11/8/2022 at 10:53 PM, ddaddy said:

Got both teams, but missed badly on my scores.