Region 5AA vs Reg 6AA

ddaddy

5 hours ago, Salem said:

Lots of guys are out. Will get ugly unless our offense can hold onto the ball for 7-8 minute drives.  I hope Davis, Swift, and the other seniors can finish with a good showing. They've won a ton of games for us. 

Whatever happened to the MtP ineligible player story? Their record doesn't show any forfeited games. Is TSSAA investigating this mess? 

Just posted this on the other thread...thought I'd make sure that it gets out there.

8 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I owe you an apology sir/mam, you were absolutely correct. We did receive the letter on the date I stated, but it concerned a game over a calendar year in the past. Not an excuse at all, but I hope that you can understand how it got misunderstood. Just to have our coaches' back, he didn't have access to the actual letter any more than I did, he was informed by our AD, and figured that his reading comprehension skills were above preschool levels.

Again, you were absolutely right, and I was mistaken...sorry to have mislead everyone.

EDIT

I was just made aware of this today.

43 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

Scotts Hill at Mt Pleasant 

Adamsville  at Richland 

Loretto at Riverside

Cascade at Lewis Co

All 4 lower seeds will be competitive. If you held a gun to my head I'd guess that:

1. Mt Pleasant will have too many athletes for Scotts Hill and will win by 14-21. This is a rematch from 2 months ago. However, Mt Pleasant is not a good TEAM. They look clueless on about 25% of their plays but they have some burners who make you miss and explode in the open field. Scotts Hill needs long drives and a low-scoring game. I'll say Mt P, 35- 7

2. Adamsville and Richland will be a shootout of sorts. High scoring. Might be last team with the ball wins. If Forrest can take Richland to the last play, then Adamsville can definitely hang. I'll pick the Cardinals in a 35-34 upset. 

3. Loretto can score. I am gonna also pick them in an upset over Riverside, also high scoring. 41-36

4. Cascade can def hang with Lewis.  This will be more low scoring. Like 22-21. I'll stick with my upsets and pick Cascade. 

I might go 4-0 or 0-4. This season and these two regions have been that crazy. 

10 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

All 4 lower seeds will be competitive. If you held a gun to my head I'd guess that:

1. Mt Pleasant will have too many athletes for Scotts Hill and will win by 14-21. This is a rematch from 2 months ago. However, Mt Pleasant is not a good TEAM. They look clueless on about 25% of their plays but they have some burners who make you miss and explode in the open field. Scotts Hill needs long drives and a low-scoring game. I'll say Mt P, 35- 7

2. Adamsville and Richland will be a shootout of sorts. High scoring. Might be last team with the ball wins. If Forrest can take Richland to the last play, then Adamsville can definitely hang. I'll pick the Cardinals in a 35-34 upset. 

3. Loretto can score. I am gonna also pick them in an upset over Riverside, also high scoring. 41-36

4. Cascade can def hang with Lewis.  This will be more low scoring. Like 22-21. I'll stick with my upsets and pick Cascade. 

I believe that Riverside will beat Loretto by a minimum of 3 TDS. 

12 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

Interesting post! 

51 minutes ago, Pantherpride45 said:

If we don’t correct our offensive play calling it might get interesting and please stop with the jet sweep especially when opposing defensive is in the nickel 

Loretto is Jekyll and Hyde. I could see Loretto playing Riverside to the wire or being down 28-6 in the 2nd Q. I literally cannot tell with these 2 regions

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

u are pretty level-headed most of the time. no idea how u can predict this with the craziness of this year in both regions. 

Seeing both teams up close I believe Riverside is more physical and better coached. Loretto has as good of skilled players as anyone, but lack consistency. I also think they are very average on defense and will be exploited by RS. Loretto will have to score 40 to have a chance and I can’t see it. 

On 10/30/2022 at 10:53 AM, ddaddy said:

Seeing both teams up close I believe Riverside is more physical and better coached. Loretto has as good of skilled players as anyone, but lack consistency. I also think they are very average on defense and will be exploited by RS. Loretto will have to score 40 to have a chance and I can’t see it. 

Loretto can score 40. I guess once again we will see if R5 is just a daycare for bad teams. RS and LC haven't exactly conquered Rome the last few years. RS got to semis twice but it was in a terrible year talent wise for R5/R6