West TN Rural Top 10 Week 9

Just a thought/question about strength of schedule.  Let’s say hypothetically you schedule a very talented team like idk Haywood and you go out and give your best but fall short say …… 48-0. Also you have a good team like UC on your schedule but again despite your best effort you lose by say ….. oh 48 (62-14). Should you really get much credit for that SOS when in those games that give you the “#1” SOS you absolutely stink and have no chance to win?  Just asking for a friend. 

Lake co definately gets respect playing haywood, uc, even obion this year.  If lake is injury free i believe those games will help them in the playoffs.  I wouldn't recommend any 1a team scheduling haywood.  Brutal size and talent.  Haven't kept up with Lake co injuries.... anything serious ?  Depth always hurts small schools

1 hour ago, NigCuppy said:

Just a thought/question about strength of schedule.  Let’s say hypothetically you schedule a very talented team like idk Haywood and you go out and give your best but fall short say …… 48-0. Also you have a good team like UC on your schedule but again despite your best effort you lose by say ….. oh 48 (62-14). Should you really get much credit for that SOS when in those games that give you the “#1” SOS you absolutely stink and have no chance to win?  Just asking for a friend. 

I see what you are saying. The UC game was a complete debacle. If the two played again it would be a better game. By no means am I saying LC would win that game. No 1A or 2A team team would compete with Haywood County this year. They are just that good. LC is getting better every week. The SOS just means LC is playing really good teams. If let's say McKenzie played Haywood or Union City and lost big in my eyes it would not diminish them at all. Just means that they are willing to play really good teams. 

20 hours ago, mrbigster said:

^^^ that’s good! I didn’t know CoachT had this tool. I’ll be looking at this more. .. but teams still gotta line up 11 on 11 and go at it. That’s why football, esp. HS & younger, is so awesome to me, anything can happen, and DOES.  I LUV when underdogs win too.. except when they beat our Dresden Lions. Ouch when that happens!