West TN Rural Top 10 Week 9

18 hours ago, hogheaven said:

Lake co definately gets respect playing haywood, uc, even obion this year.  If lake is injury free i believe those games will help them in the playoffs.  I wouldn't recommend any 1a team scheduling haywood.  Brutal size and talent.  Haven't kept up with Lake co injuries.... anything serious ?  Depth always hurts small schools

I'm hoping the ankle injuries to the qb and receiver is minor and LC opted to not have them dress in 2nd half.Day Day injured his shoulder against West Carroll after scoring about 3 tds and didn't play second half or against Haywood.Think 68 said he was ok so I'm sure he was just held out against Haywood.Just saw MyMy didn't have a concussion.

Edited by mrbigster

2 hours ago, Riverside80 said:

With Riversides remaining schedule is there even a chance they make it back in the ranking BPM?

46 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

That one's easy...don't lose and you'll end the season at #1 on everybody's poll.

What trader said is definitely true but to answer your question I say it is highly likely as long as you win out.  A win over Adamsville this week wouldn’t be a bad win as they are currently a .500 team. And a win over Lewis in the regular season finale would be a good win on the resume. South Gibson will probably take a 3rd loss this week to Haywood and the Stanks have to play Union City to close out the season so one of those teams will take a another loss. Those are just the games I can think of off the top of my head that will have an impact. There could be others. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

3 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

I don't think USJ is a top 10 squad. They lost to Union City. Biggest win is over an overrated Hardin Co team. What your reasoning for their ranking?

Several reasons. First they brought back a ton off of last years team which was pretty good. I have heard you mention scrimmages several times so I will follow suit. Two they beat a good Peabody team in a pre season scrimmage. Three would be quality wins. Yes they lost to Union City but it was tooth and nail the whole way. They have two quality wins in Hardin Co. and JCS. I know you think Hardin Co. is over rated but they are still 5-2 in class 4A and JCS has 1 loss. Everyone else has been a blowout as it should. This is my reasoning. 

16 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

the Stanks have to play Union City to close out the season so one of those teams will take a another loss. 

Don't forget we also have Peabody next week. We could finish the season with 4 losses. I said several weeks ago with our stretch of Milan, Westview, Trenton, and UC, I would feel pretty good about going 2-2 in those games. We got Milan, but neither Trenton or UC will lay down for us. We got our work cut out.

1 hour ago, sportsnutz said:

Don't forget we also have Peabody next week. We could finish the season with 4 losses. I said several weeks ago with our stretch of Milan, Westview, Trenton, and UC, I would feel pretty good about going 2-2 in those games. We got Milan, but neither Trenton or UC will lay down for us. We got our work cut out.

Yes. The game next week will be huge.