AP 1A TOP 10 OCT 18, 2022

Southtowner

2 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Explain this to me .Nothing against teams in the top 10.But how in the world would McEwen be picked over Lake Co?They lost to Dresden which I understand.Lake Co loses to Haywood.So who lost to a tougher team? McEwen lost to Camden.Lake Co lost to Union City.Who lost to better team?McEwen lost to Gleason.Lake Co lost to Trenton.Who lost to stronger team?Both at 5-3 from What I saw in standings.Am I missing something?LC scrimmage Camden and won about 8tds to 1.That shows voters have no clue comparing McEwen losses to Lake County's.

You seemed shocked everytime. Simple explanation: These AP voters don't know what they're doing. 

I thought we discussed this after Snyder didn't win Mr football lol

5 hours ago, Southtowner said:

The one thing that stands out to me this year in the Class 1A poll  is the AP voters had MASE already plugged in at #4 with a 1st place vote in week 1.  

My point being, I don't think I've seen a team finish so low the year before and then be ranked so high the following year.  

That was a new one on me too. Guess the Memphis paper knew something 

8 hours ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

You seemed shocked everytime. Simple explanation: These AP voters don't know what they're doing. 

I thought we discussed this after Snyder didn't win Mr football lol

There were other great players.Just shocked to see a team with 3 losses ,same record but losses to smaller and not better teams.No problem with the top 10.At least act or show they know a little bit about football.There were some 4 and 2 teams I questioned like Halls that was listed just based on their record.But they had a better record than LC so woo,must be better.Now a team with 3 losses that have played or may as well played the girls soccer team .It's a joke.

Edited by mrbigster

12 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Explain this to me .Nothing against teams in the top 10.But how in the world would McEwen be picked over Lake Co?They lost to Dresden which I understand.Lake Co loses to Haywood.So who lost to a tougher team? McEwen lost to Camden.Lake Co lost to Union City.Who lost to better team?McEwen lost to Gleason.Lake Co lost to Trenton.Who lost to stronger team?Both at 5-3 from What I saw in standings.Am I missing something?LC scrimmage Camden and won about 8tds to 1.That shows voters have no clue comparing McEwen losses to Lake County's.

they have to be looking at the schedule at least a little bit. i would assume the red bank game is what pushed fayetteville over mckenzie

10 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Sonny Moore Power Rankings have Fayetteville City ranked #9 overall in the State. What’s everyone think about that? Jus Wondering 

Not valid. City is a heck of a team but no way they are right behind Lipscomb Academy whose top 25 team and they aint even ranked #1 in the state. Alcoa being behind Mckenzie and City no way besides maybe if you combined both of them. The more I look at this poll I laugh how in the world is Dresden ranked higher than Nolensville? 

TheRefuter 1A Top 10 10/19

1. Fayetteville

2. McKenzie

3. Dresden

4. Clay County

5. South Pittsburg

6. Peabody

7. Gordonsville

8. Moore County

9. Coalfield

10. Whitwell

Honorable Mention: Lake County (Didn't know enough about them), MASE (Them Memphis schools never really earn the hype).

I haven't dedicated nearly as much time to football this year as previous years. Is there a reason why the west is so strong this year?

Is there trouble at Beene or something? It seems as though the Pirates aren't as strong as usual.

Also expected more out of the legacy programs. Greenback, Cloudland? 

What is going on, guys????

Edited by TheRefuter

23 minutes ago, TheRefuter said:

TheRefuter 1A Top 10 10/19

1. Fayetteville

2. McKenzie

3. Dresden

4. Clay County

5. South Pittsburg

6. Peabody

7. Gordonsville

8. Moore County

9. Coalfield

10. Whitwell

Honorable Mention: Lake County (Didn't know enough about them), MASE (Them Memphis schools never really earn the hype).

I haven't dedicated nearly as much time to football this year as previous years. Is there a reason why the west is so strong this year?

Is there trouble at Beene or something? It seems as though the Pirates aren't as strong as usual.

Also expected more out of the legacy programs. Greenback, Cloudland? 

What is going on, guys????

MASE is not Middle College; however we appreciate the shade thrown .

Just more bulletin board material!

Thank you!

7 minutes ago, WildBill2388 said:

MASE is not Middle College; however we appreciate the shade thrown .

Just more bulletin board material!

Thank you!

I don't see where he called MASE Middle College unless you're referring to his "Them Memphis Schools never really earn the hype"  ?? 

If so, who's throwing shade now?