Boone (9-0) @ Hampton (8-1)

blazer1set

17 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I was hoping the goalposts would end up in the Doe River.  I would have helped you boys fish em out before next week.  

This sorta reminds me of our semifinal trip to Cloudland last year.  We got punched in the nose most all night and then left town feeling a bit lucky. 

South Town. . You a Pirate? I felt the same last year at this Game. NEVER gave the Landers a chance. But Boy did they TOTALLY Surprise Me. Gave S Pitt a Game for 3 qtrs. I’d have said Mercy Rule starting 2nd Half if not sooner. How does Cloudland compete, let alone field a team with 160 Kids 10-l2
Those Roan Mtn kids are tough and gritty. And always have been. Great analogy with this game. . Boone knew they were in a game as did SP when the dust settled. Congrats to both schools for leaving it all on the field and playing with heart. 

Edited by IPOPU2022

Here  and present and I'm just fine, kids played their hearts out and just didn't have enough in the tank at the end, couldn't be prouder. Also a BIG hats off to Boone in their 1st undefeated season, I love their style of play, they play with PCC and the way the game should play, thats a tribute to  Coach Jenkins.. Now the real season starts and I think we survived healthy.

9 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Well I was hoping he’d have a cigar and part of a goal post. I didn’t realize he had a kid playing. I hope his son is healthy and they’re both ready for the Playoffs. Much Respect for them and the Bulldogs. 

Both healthy and ready to go, sure my youngest is a tad beat up and sore and I'm a little heart broken. Both can be fixed.

34 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I was hoping the goalposts would end up in the Doe River.  I would have helped you boys fish em out before next week.  

This sorta reminds me of our semifinal trip to Cloudland last year.  We got punched in the nose most all night and then left town feeling a bit lucky. 

Thanks ole buddy, we played our hearts out. Oh well.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, pujo said:

Here  and present and I'm just fine, kids played their hearts out and just didn't have enough in the tank at the end, couldn't be prouder. Also a BIG hats off to Boone in their 1st undefeated season, I love their style of play, they play with PCC and the way the game should play, thats a tribute to  Coach Jenkins.. Now the real season starts and I think we survived healthy.

So Glad to hear that your Healthy. That’s Always a concern when you play a much deeper team. . I think Hampton made a Statement tonight. Hanging even minus an xtra point for 4qtrs with an undefeated 5A team. Much Respect. 
And proving they can certainly play with any team in 2A or 3A and an incredibly talented 5A Boone Team. I like their chances for another trip to Chatt IF they continue to play with the intensity they displayed tonight. Go Dawgs 

1 minute ago, IPOPU2022 said:

So Glad to hear that your Healthy. That’s Always a concern when you play a much deeper team. . I think Hampton made a Statement tonight. Hanging even minus an xtra point for 4qtrs with an undefeated 5A team. Much Respect. 
And proving they can certainly play with any team in 2A or 3A and an incredibly talented 5A Boone Team. I like their chances for another trip to Chatt IF they continue to play with the intensity they displayed tonight. Go Dawgs 

If we can stay healthy, I like our chances for a spell, don't care what Class you are in, there are MONSTERS in every one.