Unaka vs Greenback Rd. 1

creekerballer

16 minutes ago, THE KING said:

If you guys can establish a power running game, then you have a higher win probability 

Well surely the goodness they seen that watching film and I pray they established that early. We did that against Harriman and Oakdale early for a couple scores and then we just shut down I don't know what the deal was??

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Well surely the goodness they seen that watching film and I pray they established that early. We did that against Harriman and Oakdale early for a couple scores and then we just shut down I don't know what the deal was??

We basically ran right at unaka all night.  They absolutely couldn't limit us to a 3 yard gain.  It was 4 to 6 yards every play.  We kept the ball the entire 1st and 3rd quarters.  

19 hours ago, creekerballer said:

Yep, Hard to pick ‘em in a-lot of cases. Match ups become so important each week now. 

My sample size is small, but from the Hudl film I watched earlier in the year, Oakdale and Unaka are quite similar. I'd say Unaka has a decent advantage in athleticism with better skill players, while Oakdale is a bit more physical than the Rangers.  

Edited by crazzyness

On 11/1/2022 at 4:59 PM, crazzyness said:

My sample size is small, but from the Hudl film I watched earlier in the year, Oakdale and Unaka are quite similar. I'd say Unaka has a decent advantage in athleticism with better skill players, while Oakdale is a bit more physical than the Rangers.  

How did the playoff tickets work this year do they have any at the gate or do you have to buy them online?

My thoughts on this game.My confidence in our ability to beat a team anywhere close to Oakdale/Unakas level is at a all time low.After watching us literally walk down the field against Oakdale for 2 scores then play chess for the next 30 mins actually scares me in this game.Do I think we are over all better yes I do without 1 doubt BUT our offense is so bad at times it makes me just want to head home.GFD actually summed it up best I had heard last week when he called it a "Prevent Offense " he couldnt have said it better.We prevent our own selves from going downfield. We do way too much side to side crap and it catches up to us and allows the other team to "HANG" around until our D just finally wears out.The Defense has kept us in every game to this point other than the 2 teams that you could accidentally score on.kept us within 6 points of Coalfield for 2 1/2 quarters.We have to take advantage of momentum when we have ot and put our foot on their throats. Last week any other coach GB has had in the last 30 years would have mercy ruled Oakdale.Its time we use our playmakers and get the ball to them!As for this game Greenback pride should be pouring out of our boys to not let a team get their first playoff win against the CHEROKEES!!

13 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

My thoughts on this game.My confidence in our ability to beat a team anywhere close to Oakdale/Unakas level is at a all time low.After watching us literally walk down the field against Oakdale for 2 scores then play chess for the next 30 mins actually scares me in this game.Do I think we are over all better yes I do without 1 doubt BUT our offense is so bad at times it makes me just want to head home.GFD actually summed it up best I had heard last week when he called it a "Prevent Offense " he couldnt have said it better.We prevent our own selves from going downfield. We do way too much side to side crap and it catches up to us and allows the other team to "HANG" around until our D just finally wears out.The Defense has kept us in every game to this point other than the 2 teams that you could accidentally score on.kept us within 6 points of Coalfield for 2 1/2 quarters.We have to take advantage of momentum when we have ot and put our foot on their throats. Last week any other coach GB has had in the last 30 years would have mercy ruled Oakdale.Its time we use our playmakers and get the ball to them!As for this game Greenback pride should be pouring out of our boys to not let a team get their first playoff win against the CHEROKEES!!

It's a terrible feeling to lose to the creekers.  I vomited behind the press box when they ended our streak.  I honestly have no clue about either of our games