Rockwood @ south Greene

ThrillaNvanilla

36 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I don't see that at all. They can't stop a good offense and their offense only works if they are more physical than you or if you are not coached well on defense. York and Monterey are definitely more physical than Rockwood and are both coached very well. Rockwood has great backs but only 1 can carry the ball per play. If you can tackle on defense and are physical, you will shut that offense down. If SG had any offense to speak of, I would be picking SG. But from watching a little film on them and knowing they were awfully soft last year, I am leaning SG. But the next round they will get blown out by York. York's coach used to run that same offense way back when so he knows it inside and out. That game will be over at halftime. 

interesting, coaching is matter of perspective, Webb at Rockwood been great coach for long time, his D coord. does great job as well, neither have taken off years.  York played great and deserved the region. IF Rockwood regroups at SG, they will give YORK a game, but....All roads lead to  TYNER. 

3 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Yes sir, I meant RW. Honestly last year the SG team had so much talent on it, QB was a stud, had WR's all over. And they were so poorly coached they couldn't function on offense. They looked lost last year vs Oneida. RW's defense is very suspect so maybe they can score some points but I'm not holding my breath. I say Rockwood 14-7. Low scoring but Rockwood wins. 

Rockwood is the favorite for sure, SG has not played to their potential very many times this season.  Saw them absolutely dominate Chucky Doak for a half ,gave up 12 yards and no 1st downs and were still losing at the half.  Lost to West Greene 14 to 12 and give up 6 turnovers.  They have size and some talent but for whatever reason,they just can't get it done on the field.

41 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Yes sir, I meant RW. Honestly last year the SG team had so much talent on it, QB was a stud, had WR's all over. And they were so poorly coached they couldn't function on offense. They looked lost last year vs Oneida. RW's defense is very suspect so maybe they can score some points but I'm not holding my breath. I say Rockwood 14-7. Low scoring but Rockwood wins. 

Just like Monterey game we had a fair bit to do with them looking that way. This year not so much. 

31 minutes ago, pujo said:

Rockwood is the favorite for sure, SG has not played to their potential very many times this season.  Saw them absolutely dominate Chucky Doak for a half ,gave up 12 yards and no 1st downs and were still losing at the half.  Lost to West Greene 14 to 12 and give up 6 turnovers.  They have size and some talent but for whatever reason,they just can't get it done on the field.

I completely understand that. 

33 minutes ago, ThrillaNvanilla said:

interesting, coaching is matter of perspective, Webb at Rockwood been great coach for long time, his D coord. does great job as well, neither have taken off years.  York played great and deserved the region. IF Rockwood regroups at SG, they will give YORK a game, but....All roads lead to  TYNER. 

Both Monterey and York dominated Rockwood in the regular season. Both on the scoreboard and in the physicality. Seeing that offense a 2nd time in the same season usually helps alot. I will give RW credit, they were calling out Oneida's plays before they ran them. But there were several times where they lined up wrong vs the Oneida formation and let WR's run free. Oneida just couldn't make the throws. IMO, there is a large gap between Rockwood and both York and Monterey. 

3 minutes ago, crow said:

Just like Monterey game we had a fair bit to do with them looking that way. This year not so much. 

I disagree. Monterey laid an egg in the regular season. terrible effort, penalties, fumbles, no emotion. Their coach took the blame for the week off routine. They completely changed that routine this year. 

If Oneida played them again last year in playoffs, Monterey beats them. And I don't think it would have been close. 

South Greene last year won by their stud QB improvising. He was a great athlete and would scramble around and make a play. That's not really an offensive identity. And very hard to be consistent with that. I don't get it cause they have athletes but their offense is not well coached. 

6 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I disagree. Monterey laid an egg in the regular season. terrible effort, penalties, fumbles, no emotion. Their coach took the blame for the week off routine. They completely changed that routine this year. 

If Oneida played them again last year in playoffs, Monterey beats them. And I don't think it would have been close. 

South Greene last year won by their stud QB improvising. He was a great athlete and would scramble around and make a play. That's not really an offensive identity. And very hard to be consistent with that. I don't get it cause they have athletes but their offense is not well coached. 

Of course you disagree lol. You wouldn’t give us credit for anything it seems. This year I agree. Last you’re correct on one thing and that’s we disagree. 

1 minute ago, crow said:

Of course you disagree lol. You wouldn’t give us credit for anything it seems. This year I agree. Last you’re correct on one thing and that’s we disagree. 

That's not true. Offensively vs SG that was the best play calling Oneida has had in probably 20 years, lol. They completely outcoached the defensive staff for SG. I'm not sure if the opposite is true. And the QB was banged up. Maybe that changed the OC's plan. But that QB last year was the best QB in the Region 1/2 by far. Kid could sling it and the staff couldn't take advantage of it. When they stopped running him, it put so much pressure on the OL that they couldn't hold up in pass protection. Again, he was injured so maybe they just determined it wasn't worth the risk. But once they made that shift, their offense was not good. 

1 hour ago, ThrillaNvanilla said:

From what I have read is that York coach takes time off when he has down years? How many times has he stepped down and came back? If that is the case I hope they lose in the first round as that is a coward way to coach.