Beer-den headin' two tha Blaick Whole

STARSNBARS

1 minute ago, oridgecat said:

Enurstin' 

Whoever ends up taking that job is up against some tough sledding, long as they play in that league.  karma for playing in the wrong league?  And costing real public schools shots at gold footballs? 

All of the local privates are learning that playing in D2 is a whole lot different from being able to beat up on smaller classification rural public schools.  

Just saying.  

9 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

Way to attack kids and a coach that you know nothing about.  Do you think coaches tell their players to lose their cool and make mistakes?  Did you blame the Eldridge when Murvil and WB had a brawl in basketball? https://www.thedailytimes.com/news/police-investigating-brawl-at-maryville-william-blount-game/article_68397a67-324e-577a-ad3b-59aead9fc9ea.html

Hey Heisenbaby, most are in the know that Bearden football is out of control. Not going to get much better. Very bad mix of players and coaches coming in fast to a program that just changed directions real fast and an  inexperienced administration that listened to parents/boosters and that administration can't change  directions now because that would admit they made a mistake in this experiment. Parents in the program have big disagreements in how the program is operated now.

14 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

Hey Heisenbaby, most are in the know that Bearden football is out of control. Not going to get much better. Very bad mix of players and coaches coming in fast to a program that just changed directions real fast and an  inexperienced administration that listened to parents/boosters and that administration can't change  directions now because that would admit they made a mistake in this experiment. Parents in the program have big disagreements in how the program is operated now.

I am not in the know, but I do know that kids make mistakes in the heat of the moment and that coaches definitely do not condone their players throwing punches.  It is petty for keyboard warriors on here to bash kids and coaches like some of you all have been doing with Bearden.  From my perspective, the Bearden program was better this year than last, and the future seems bright for those kids.   I know nothing about their coach over there, but it seems that players want to play for him wherever he is.   You sound pretty bitter about this Bearden football situation.  Makes me wonder if you were on the previous staff...

16 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

From my perch at West High,

Can confirm. The Bearden parents I know have told me there are some concerns but I doubt anything will change for now. After watching the Thursday rivalry game, the biggest hurdle Bearden faces as always is getting over the Farragut hump. Both teams play strong defensively. At West we benefitted from having Kevin Lane immensely for quite some time so I could be biased. All that Bearden lacks compared to Farragut is offensive ability and in particular QB play which has become Farragut’s calling card. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

I am not in the know, but I do know that kids make mistakes in the heat of the moment and that coaches definitely do not condone their players throwing punches.  It is petty for keyboard warriors on here to bash kids and coaches like some of you all have been doing with Bearden.  From my perspective, the Bearden program was better this year than last, and the future seems bright for those kids.   I know nothing about their coach over there, but it seems that players want to play for him wherever he is.   You sound pretty bitter about this Bearden football situation.  Makes me wonder if you were on the previous staff...

I don't have a dog in this fight but am a keyboard warrior like you say. I keep up with high school football, not just Bearden. There is a football data base that l look at that tells the history of various teams in Tennessee. If you look up the history of certain schools you can get a lot of information on the history of that team. The coach has not done anything more than any other coach at Bearden has done. Sure it's his first year. What he has done is brought a lot of people into the program, players and coaches and promised them more than can really happen. When what is promised is not produced, people get frustrated. And sometime young people act out when they are frustrated. Young men especially when they get frustrated sometime fight. But next year is another year, maybe what was promised will be produced.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edwardblake said:

From my perch at West High,

Can confirm. The Bearden parents I know have told me there are some concerns but I doubt anything will change for now. After watching the Thursday rivalry game, the biggest hurdle Bearden faces as always is getting over the Farragut hump. Both teams play strong defensively. At West we benefitted from having Kevin Lane immensely for quite some time so I could be biased. All that Bearden lacks compared to Farragut is offensive ability and in particular QB play which has become Farragut’s calling card. 

Well l don't think you can put it all on the QB. I watch on Diamond Clear and from what l see Bearden lacked a consistent running game all year. Plus the QB had to scramble most of the time because the pass protection was bad or the receivers couldn't get open. Bearden needs to recruit a running back like the ones Maryville has. 

On 11/15/2022 at 9:20 AM, Heisenberg said:

Unlike you , I would have no problem calling my players or my coaches out if they allowed the crap that happened in this game . A Coach who hasn’t taught his team anything about discipline and controlling your emotions should be called out . This was an issue with Bearden several times this year . If you’re clueless enough to think that Maryville fans wouldn’t be on here calling out our coaches and kids if they were throwing punches and taking cheap shots after the buzzer went off you don’t have a clue what it takes to have a championship program. It sounds like you’re either one of the coaches or someone close to one of them because if you were a long time Bearden fan you would be upset that your coaches let your team be so undisciplined and your expectations would be a lot higher than just the wins and losses 

• Like 2