Moore County travels to McKenzie 11/11

RedRebelman

12 hours ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

I'll be lurking around. Can't miss this one 

I would love to be at this one, but I don't think I can do another 3+ hr. drive. McKenzie has great talent, and plays discipline football. Fayetteville is still bigger and more talented, but commits more penalties. 

10 hours ago, MC2023 said:

I would love to be at this one, but I don't think I can do another 3+ hr. drive. McKenzie has great talent, and plays discipline football. Fayetteville is still bigger and more talented, but commits more penalties. 

City isn't more talented than McKenzie. McKenzie drug MC and City barely escaped MC...... 

8 hours ago, phil24 said:

City isn't more talented than McKenzie. McKenzie drug MC and City barely escaped MC...... 

I wouldn’t use their 2 common opponents as a measuring stick. The Dresden game was basically lopsided for City except for a couple of long plays when it didn’t matter. City was up 35-3 and it should have been worse. Had a couple of TD’s called back on holds etc. 

1 hour ago, IPOPU2022 said:

I wouldn’t use their 2 common opponents as a measuring stick. The Dresden game was basically lopsided for City except for a couple of long plays when it didn’t matter. City was up 35-3 and it should have been worse. Had a couple of TD’s called back on holds etc. 

Edited by Youdontsay

21 minutes ago, Youdontsay said:

I’m just curious if you watched the Dresden game. It was 22 - 3 with under 10 minutes to go in game and 30 to 10 with about 7 min to go. That is far from what you just said.  you say you wouldn’t use the games of the 2 common opponents. I watched the replay with Fayetteville and Moore co. I’m curious about what you thought the problem was with not being able to handle their quarterback. Mckenzie has talent at this position also. Then you add a running back that has been playing a little pissed off for not being in the Mr. Football bunch. 

Edited by Youdontsay

2 hours ago, Youdontsay said:

The problem was that City’s D ends didn’t play properly. Poor Coaching. They didn’t contain the edge all night. Instead they apparently just beat their block and started chasing the Qb. Not a good plan for a running Qb. Esp one as athletic as White. Got beat on the edge all night. IF they had contained and turned the play inside this game isn’t close. No adjustments in the 2nd half. And White kept running around the D Ends. FC won because of their athleticism. MC coach totally out coached FC from start to finish. But i never thought MC was ever in a position to win and never led the game. Going back to Dresden the game was never in doubt but their front on D has some dudes. Particularly #55 I believe. He’s at least 275lbs and a player. 
FC O - Line had problems running at times and pass protection because their front 3 are big boys. As you probably well know. Otherwise City dominated Dresden all over the field. So i think it’s a coin flip Friday Night. Turnovers and penalties may well decide the outcome. 
Regardless i believe it’ll be a great game and I’m looking forward to it. Wish i was free to go but I’ll have to see if there’s a video stream. Let me know if you have a link. Best wishes to both teams on a great season. 

22 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

The problem was that City’s D ends didn’t play properly. Poor Coaching. They didn’t contain the edge all night. Instead they apparently just beat their block and started chasing the Qb. Not a good plan for a running Qb. Esp one as athletic as White. Got beat on the edge all night. IF they had contained and turned the play inside this game isn’t close. No adjustments in the 2nd half. And White kept running around the D Ends. FC won because of their athleticism. MC coach totally out coached FC from start to finish. But i never thought MC was ever in a position to win and never led the game. Going back to Dresden the game was never in doubt but their front on D has some dudes. Particularly #55 I believe. He’s at least 275lbs and a player. 
FC O - Line had problems running at times and pass protection because their front 3 are big boys. As you probably well know. Otherwise City dominated Dresden all over the field. So i think it’s a coin flip Friday Night. Turnovers and penalties may well decide the outcome. 
Regardless i believe it’ll be a great game and I’m looking forward to it. Wish i was free to go but I’ll have to see if there’s a video stream. Let me know if you have a link. Best wishes to both teams on a great season. 

MoCo scored first on Fayetteville.  Led 7-0. Then again at 14-8 & had just returned a punt inside the 10 yard line. Fayetteville records a sack & then # 9 returns the INT for about an 80 yard TD.  Made it 16-14. 

Fayetteville goes up 24 -14 later and MoCo gets within 1 td but never regains the lead. 

Good game though.

I don't think the MoCo outcome in this game vs the Fayetteville game will give much indication of how yalls game at McKenzie will turn out.

Matchups are different. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Southtowner said:

MoCo scored first on Fayetteville.  Led 7-0. Then again at 14-8 & had just returned a punt inside the 10 yard line. Fayetteville records a sack & then # 9 returns the INT for about an 80 yard TD.  Made it 16-14. 

Fayetteville goes up 24 -14 later and MoCo gets within 1 td but never regains the lead. 

Good game though.

I don't think the MoCo outcome in this game vs the Fayetteville game will give much indication of how yalls game at McKenzie will turn out.

Matchups are different. 

heck i was there. Thanks for refreshing my memory. I’m apparently getting old. 
Yes i remember MC keeping it close until the the interception by Tomison for a pick 6. That was the turning point in the game for sure. But yes it was a competitive game for the most part. City had a lot of self inflicted penalties and never contained White. He was what kept MC in the game. A few plays go MC’s way and they could’ve won. But honestly I never thought the game was in doubt despite City’s poor game plan and uncalled for penalties.