Gordonsville at South Pitt

croz6110

Gordy will be a very tough test for our boys . We need our line to play their best game yet on both sides of the ball . With that said, IF we can get enough protection for our QB, I don’t think Gordy can stop our receivers.  It will be a very long night if he’s under constant pressure. 

Edited by piratetom
  • Upvote 1

Since Sp fans have been giving their keys to winning....

Gville will have to be as physical and high motored as they have been. If they do that, SP will have a hard time blocking them, and if they've had the penalty troubles like y'all have let on, that will get exploited. Pressure from the defensive front is key.

On offense, I think we can hit some plays in the pass game, but I think we need to run the ball physically. Personally, I'd love to see us just line up in the I and pound it. We have to be able to run the ball to win, imo. In the pass game, we need to be patient and take what we're given and hit the long ball when available.

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

We will need a very high TD% rate on our possessions.  No room for errors in this one.  

Our kicking game, which has been very good this year, will have to be tons better than what it was Friday. 

Go Pirates!

Don't forget about MO Laundry. We will have to play discipline this week. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, croz6110 said:

Since Sp fans have been giving their keys to winning....

Gville will have to be as physical and high motored as they have been. If they do that, SP will have a hard time blocking them, and if they've had the penalty troubles like y'all have let on, that will get exploited. Pressure from the defensive front is key.

On offense, I think we can hit some plays in the pass game, but I think we need to run the ball physically. Personally, I'd love to see us just line up in the I and pound it. We have to be able to run the ball to win, imo. In the pass game, we need to be patient and take what we're given and hit the long ball when available.

Most penalized team in SP history more than likely. Our boys will show up and give it their all. That’s all you can ask.

4 hours ago, sportman said:

We played a really good team in Chattanooga Christain and got waxed good and played a subpar Murphy team and got beat in a close game. I think GV is right in the middle of those two teams and GV wins this game by 14-21 points. Besides those two games we haven't played anybody.  The only way SP wins if we get a stop or two and score ever time we get the ball, but that's not going to happen. GV on both sides of the ball will whip our line, so that makes for a long night for my Pirates . Just being real. 

Gv nor clay is better than Murphy. Are they similar in comparison yes I'd say so but I'd say the Murphy team that played us is better than both.... not saying that means a whole lot I'm not sure we've really improved at all since Murphy.  When your averaging probably 120 penalty yards a game it will be hard for us to beat any good team.  

5 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

Gv nor clay is better than Murphy. Are they similar in comparison yes I'd say so but I'd say the Murphy team that played us is better than both.... not saying that means a whole lot I'm not sure we've really improved at all since Murphy.  When your averaging probably 120 penalty yards a game it will be hard for us to beat any good team.  

I agree. I look for Gordonsville to blitz the line like crazy and cause mass confusion up front. We’re not a running team. However, Wes will have a great game plan to put our boys in position to win offensively.

31 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

Don't forget about MO Laundry. We will have to play discipline this week. 

2 hours ago, Southtowner said:

We will need a very high TD% rate on our possessions.  No room for errors in this one.  

Our kicking game, which has been very good this year, will have to be tons better than what it was Friday. 

Go Pirates!

Our pass coverage.  Needs tons of improvements there. 

23 minutes ago, powerp said:

I agree. I look for Gordonsville to blitz the line like crazy and cause mass confusion up front. We’re not a running team. However, Wes will have a great game plan to put our boys in position to win offensively.

I trust Wes will have a great game plan Friday.  I just hope our boys play like they want it.