Gordonsville at South Pitt

croz6110

22 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

SP fans help me out.

There was a kid on the team 2 years ago, and I can't remember if he played last year or not. He was #64 and HUGE. I think he was a sophomore 2 years ago, but I was asking one SP fan and he couldn't remember him. What happened to him? I was thinking he should have been a senior this year. He would've helped.

I think that was the senior in 2020.

4 hours ago, croz6110 said:

SP fans help me out.

There was a kid on the team 2 years ago, and I can't remember if he played last year or not. He was #64 and HUGE. I think he was a sophomore 2 years ago, but I was asking one SP fan and he couldn't remember him. What happened to him? I was thinking he should have been a senior this year. He would've helped.

I believe you’re talking about Jallyn. He ended up transferring to North Jackson. He was actually at the game last night. 

Like some others have stated, this game didn't go anywhere near how I thought it would play out.

I thought for sure we'd have to win in a shootout.

If you had told me before the game that we'd hold Gordonsville to 14 points I would have said we would get the victory.

If you had told me we'd be held to around a buck twenty of offense, then I'd have said we would get mercy ruled.

Neither happened. 

Gordonsville defense was the difference in this one.  

We didn't play well enough offensively to win but our defense kept us in the game. We had a few opportunities but failed to capitalize on anything. 

We have a young team.  Let this be motivation.  Get to work.  Next year begins now. 

24 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Well you were spot on about Gordonsville. I just had a hard time betting against SP at Home. Who you got btw City an McKenzie. 

I just saw them as the team to beat on this side of the bracket.  A lot of us did.  

I'm proud of the effort our guys put forth. They showed a lot of heart, guts & will after falling behind 14-0 early 1st quarter.  

We were outplayed for the most part. Statistically speaking.  But still had a chance at the end. 

Our coaches put us in a position to win & our guys executed as best they could. Just wasn't our night. 

I think any of the 4 teams out West could be in Chattanooga.  Whoever does will be the favorite to hoist the gold ball. 

Edited by Southtowner

1 minute ago, Southtowner said:

I just saw them as the team to beat on this side of the bracket.  A lot of us did.  

I'm proud of the effort our guys put forth. They showed a lot of heart, guts & will after falling behind 14-0 early 1st quarter.  

We were outplayed for the most part. Statistically speaking.  But still had a chance at the end. 

Our coaches put us in a position to win & our guys executed as best they could. Just wasn't our night. 

I think any of the 4 teams out West could be in Chattanooga.  Whoever does will be the favorite to hoist the gold ball. 

Thanks for the insight. Apparently Gordonsville isn’t going to be a push over IF they get to Chattanooga for whoever comes outta the West. 

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

I completely agree with this. The 4 teams out west are probably the 4 best teams left in 1A imo