Gordonsville at South Pitt

croz6110

Well, first hats off to the Pirates for fighting hard in this game. What looked like a huge blowout was salvaged by guts.

For Gordonsville, congrats on getting the monkey off yalls backs. I hope #5 is okay. He was a tough player. You guys played tenaciously and physical.

For SP, defense I tip my hat too. Somehow, they keep finding a way to get stops.

Offensively, it was rough. Drops, miscommunication, players not knowing where to line up, players not knowing what play was called, etc.. If you look chaotic and play chaotic odds are not in your favor.

Most people that have watched this team knew the deficiencies started up front. When you can’t get a push up front to get 2 yards, it’s hard to win a ball game. 

I think Gordonsville represents the east. Sorry Clay. But, silver will be going east. I just think Fayetteville is a monster.

Congrats Tigers and good effort Pirates 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Frist congrats to Gordonsville on a hard fought win! 

Second I'm dang proud of our defense tonight and loved the in game adjustments early by our D coordinator. The Pirates youth showed way to much on offense tonight but still had opportunities to win the ballgame. Another very disappointing point was our crowd. Gordonsville pretty much had home field advantage in the noise category. As someone said before this was not your typical Sp team and we definitely won't be down for long.  Goodluck to Gordonsville the rest of the way and hope to see you guys again next season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OldTownRoad said:

Hats off to Gordy. We'll be waiting for you guys next week in Celina for the finale between both schools' incredible group of seniors.

Should be a great one.

Congratulations  to the Tigers on a hard fought win. They had a few chances all night to put it away and South Pitt kept getting stops. Hats off to them for battling. 

Hope #5 is okay , he played his heart out, but it didn't look good. Will definitely be a challenge  if he can't go next week.

47 minutes ago, powerp said:

Well, first hats off to the Pirates for fighting hard in this game. What looked like a huge blowout was salvaged by guts.

For Gordonsville, congrats on getting the monkey off yalls backs. I hope #5 is okay. He was a tough player. You guys played tenaciously and physical.

For SP, defense I tip my hat too. Somehow, they keep finding a way to get stops.

Offensively, it was rough. Drops, miscommunication, players not knowing where to line up, players not knowing what play was called, etc.. If you look chaotic and play chaotic odds are not in your favor.

Most people that have watched this team knew the deficiencies started up front. When you can’t get a push up front to get 2 yards, it’s hard to win a ball game. 

I think Gordonsville represents the east. Sorry Clay. But, silver will be going east. I just think Fayetteville is a monster.

Congrats Tigers and good effort Pirates 

Probably the best post this year 

Pirates played admirably. It should be obvious to most that they were outmanned, but they never quit.

I felt both teams made some good personnel adjustments going into this game that helped each team. 

The Pirates sold out to stop the run after the first couple possessions, and I feel like the pass plays we hit at the end of the game were there most of the night, but we chose to grind it out.

I don't think the game was as close as the score indicates, however, the effort from the Pirates helped that. 

Both teams missed chances. SP had a few drops, and Gville dropped a pick 6 and another interception. 

As far as the refs, they let the boys play, maybe a little too much. I think there were only two holding penalties called all night, a defensive holding against SP that was declined and an offensive holding on Gville that negated a 50 yard run. There were probably only about 5 flags the whole game, and there were some that should've been called and we're obvious, but weren't. For example SP should've been called for a delay of game on one of their pints as the clock was on 0, but it wasn't.

As far as our boys, they played hard and physical, and that's what I wanted to see, and we had several underclassmen making plays, so we may have some good matchups down the road. The opening kickoff was returned by a freshman, and another freshman started on the line, several sophomores and juniors played.

It was a long post, but the Pirates can be proud of their effort, and the Tigers can be proud they advanced to avenge an earlier loss.

• Like 1