Springfield @ Munford 2nd Round Playoffs

Kevin38

I don’t know a lot about Mumford, but watching the Springfield/Memphis Central game, Springfield has to play better than they did tonight. Too many penalties, miscues, and missed tackles. Central didn’t look to be able to capitalize.

I’ll make a prediction later in the week. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, TheCommissioner said:

Our offense went conservative in the second half tonight.  We will need to hit on all cylinders next week 

Watched the game in the blind early this mornin. Springfields offense looked horrendous. Crenshaw took some licks last night. Springfields defense had a bad night and only gave up 7. I wish the MJ would write your defensive coordinator a big check! I think Springfield wins Vs. Munford! Low scoring and a real slobberknocker! 

MJ Vs. Henry Co. Semifinals! 

19 minutes ago, GaryGaines said:

Watched the game in the blind early this mornin. Springfields offense looked horrendous. Crenshaw took some licks last night. Springfields defense had a bad night and only gave up 7. I wish the MJ would write your defensive coordinator a big check! I think Springfield wins Vs. Munford! Low scoring and a real slobberknocker! 

MJ Vs. Henry Co. Semifinals! 

I agree on those statements.  Our offense just seem to go through the motions last night.  Munford will be just as fast if not faster than Memphis Central and they have a Mr Football candidate at QB.  

We have to have our heads in the game or our season could end. D can be stout but we got to score too

Yes Springfield wasn't clicking on all cylinders on offense last night. Too many self inflicted penalties, and gave up some bad sacks. It became apparent in the 3rd Q that MC wasn't trying to win the game, but to keep it close. They punted several times in Springfield territory down 21 points.  The Jackets were content to run it into a 9 man box and run the clock out. I don't blame them for trying to get out of there with a W and not sustain injuries. This game got pretty chippy, would have been bad to lose a key player on a dirty hit in a game that was never in question after the 2nd quarter.

1 hour ago, RagingRedPatriot said:

I was just looking on the bracket and the way it looks on there, no matter who wins the Springfield and Munford game, looks like they host round 3? Is that right? 

Negative. In the third round it goes west in even numbered years, unless it is two teams from the same region. In that case it’s the higher seed. If Springfield and HC win, the game is played in Paris. If Mumford wins, they host regardless of the HC/Portland outcome. 

I’m not a Munford fan, but they beat my Covington team to open the season. I have a little insight on them. They have some talent that Munford has not had before. As our broadcast team told me before we played them, they have three players who are college prospects. 

Their QB, Bell, is a real threat both passing and running the ball. The running back, Sharp, transferred in from Brighton, making Brighton fans mad, and really improving the Munford offense. They also have a transfer wideout, Cobb, who came in from Memphis White Station. Between these three, their offense is cooking. They all are among the offensive leaders in the Metro Memphis area.

But, what impressed me most was their defense. They held Covington to 7 points, which is way below our season average in the high 30s. Even Haywood gave up 17 to our offense.

So, I’ve followed their season with interest, and it appears that our little 3A team losing to an undefeated 5A Munford was not as bad as it seemed at the time. I know zip about Springfield, but if y’all can beat Munford, you will have done something.

• Thanks 1