TSSAA regions published on site

smalltownfb

On 11/9/2022 at 9:52 AM, Mr. Postman1 said:

Smith co will dominate that region next season with all the returners! It may very well be the year SC been looking for to win a state title without Alcoa to contend with. Heck, they may go to the championship this season. It pains me to say that because I’m not an SC lover by all means. Just know what kind of team they have coming back

If Fayetteville was not in the East, I would guarantee at least 1 state championship game appearance for Smith, but Fayetteville is really really good, and they are also young.

20 minutes ago, Cam615 said:

If Fayetteville was not in the East, I would guarantee at least 1 state championship game appearance for Smith, but Fayetteville is really really good, and they are also young.

By the way. I watched y’all Podcast about the regions this week. You told some wrong info. Back in the early 2000s westmoreland was left out of that 3a deal that Portland, Trousdale and smith headed up when they moved up away from David lipscomb and goodpasture. We had to suffer through those years in their region. Our coach was always alittle bitter over us not getting the call. We really felt TC feared us and didn’t want us in with y’all. Those years were some pretty good teams we had but hard to beat lipscomb and goodpasture

Edited by Mr. Postman1

21 minutes ago, Cam615 said:

To add alittle more about those early 2000s. Goodpasture had a run under former westmoreland head coach David Martin in which they won several titles and had 5 NFL players over the years. They was in westmorelands region. Satterfield didn’t want none!

51 minutes ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

To add alittle more about those early 2000s. Goodpasture had a run under former westmoreland head coach David Martin in which they won several titles and had 5 NFL players over the years. They was in westmorelands region. Satterfield didn’t want none!

That region back then was like 8-10 teams, it was a loaded region already, TC had plenty of good teams throughout those years as well, I grew up in the era when TC and Westy played in the jamboree every year, westy would win 7-0 and think they were world beaters then go 6-5 while TC went multiple rounds in the playoffs consistently, the new region should be more competitive and make teams earn a playoff spot 

5 hours ago, Cam615 said:

That region back then was like 8-10 teams, it was a loaded region already, TC had plenty of good teams throughout those years as well, I grew up in the era when TC and Westy played in the jamboree every year, westy would win 7-0 and think they were world beaters then go 6-5 while TC went multiple rounds in the playoffs consistently, the new region should be more competitive and make teams earn a playoff spot 

They couldn’t carry goodpastures jock strap in the 2000s! That’s why satterfield opted to go up to 3a. Goodpasture had NFL players. 

Edited by Mr. Postman1

3 hours ago, Cam615 said:

By the way 1993, 1994, 1995 Trousdale co played westmoreland in regular season and never won. Even the year they won their little 1a title we beat them 28-7

On 11/9/2022 at 7:53 AM, TSSAAfootball said:

If you are saying you predicted a 5 team region with Oneida, Wartburg, Polk, Bledsoe, and Tellico Plains than you are lying or you should play the lottery. That was one of 3 options they looked at but nobody believed they would have a KY bordering team play a Georgia bordering team. 

York had heard a few weeks back they were being separated from Oneida. They don't like it but the time zone was the factor. I have no idea if they will appeal or not. 

Look at current Reg.6 1A.. several border-town schools in north (Ky) playing south border town schools (Ala) , almost 4 hour drives for regional games. Glad to see it’s not that extreme now.  

I like where Dresden is in this new classification. Not as much driving & this is reigniting nearby-town rivalries. Only have to find 3 non-region games.. Hope we always keep Westview as first game of season (that’s one), & other two I hope are great schools, because as it’s been said, iron sharpens iron. Maybe play one of the teams from Reg.6-2A? (Whoa! Talk about a premier league!) (second team) And for third game: play Obion County again? A KY team, perhaps Coach Hodge’s former place Murray? Or go on a long-trip to play a team in Ark or Miss? Perhaps a pvt school like TCA in Jackson? (we had some good competition in past) A good 2A or even 3A school in Memphis area? Lots of options out there, & I think Hodge is of the opinion that “playing up” is better than playing cupcake, easy-win teams. Although they may want to play up themselves. Being a coach & setting up schedules isn’t easy either! And with that uptick in Memphis 2A schools there had to be a big reshuffling of the deck for sure... now Memphis has two regions all by itself. As a whole, for someone like me who isn’t an expert in football just a local fan, this is better classifications as far as drying time & natural, historic rivalries goes. It’s always tough to please everyone.. uh, make that impossible! And those teams in Middle Tenn that swap from East to West.. that’d be tough too. All in all, I applaud this new rezoning, & definitely would not want to be in on doing all these decisions. Sheesh! I’ll probably take flack for saying it.. but I conclude with good job TSSAA, good job. 

Next years schedule for Dresden? This old hick from the sticks suggests:

Week 1-Westview (3A), 

2- Obion Co (4A(? A Region 6-2A team?

3- Out of town team? Reg.6-2A? Or Memphis 3A?

4- bye week

5-9, in any order, Halls, Humboldt, S.Fulton, Gleason, Greenfield

10-11 Lake Co. & UC any order 

Play non-region games first, against best teams possible & bigger schools, then a bye week before Region contests, then reminder of year go from easier to hardest teams, saving best for last, and all the top teams in our region having to settle the playoff seeding issue in the final weeks of the season. That would make for better football & fuller stands in my non-expertise view. But getting all that done to everyone’s satisfaction is a Herculean task for sure. 

3 minutes ago, HevyReturns said:

Next years schedule for Dresden? This old hick from the sticks suggests:

Week 1-Westview (3A), 

2- Obion Co (4A(? A Region 6-2A team?

3- Out of town team? Reg.6-2A? Or Memphis 3A?

4- bye week

5-9, in any order, Halls, Humboldt, S.Fulton, Gleason, Greenfield

10-11 Lake Co. & UC any order 

Play non-region games first, against best teams possible & bigger schools, then a bye week before Region contests, then reminder of year go from easier to hardest teams, saving best for last, and all the top teams in our region having to settle the playoff seeding issue in the final weeks of the season. That would make for better football & fuller stands in my non-expertise view. But getting all that done to everyone’s satisfaction is a Herculean task for sure. 

I like it also as far as not having to look for many games.And like you,hope LC plays maybe a Trenton,Obion Central,maybe West Carrol now they are in other region.Could continue playing Fulton Co which isn't far instead of Trenton or West Carrol.