Fayetteville travels to McKenzie 11/18

RedRebelman

3 minutes ago, Rocketboy21 said:

Haven’t seen either play. But have kept up with both. McKenzie in this one. Fayetteville isn’t as good as they look on paper. RedBank was overrated, and they run up the scores in all their games. It classless and they won’t be able to fool McKenzie. Also home field will play an advantage. 

Fayetteville is plenty good in person. Trust me and they have a Qb who can play this time. 

39 minutes ago, Sherdog said:

After watching both teams play Mckenzie is 2 tds better. Their D line will dominate Fayettevilles O line. Dresden gassed after halftime I don't think you will see Mckenzie have that problem. They will control the clock and play fundamental football.

I will say thought. Fayetteville is probably the biggest looking 1A team I’ve ever seen. In pictured they look huge. All of them do 

Dresden’s D front did give FC’s O-Line problems all night. Dres has some big dudes up front. They got penetration on most plays. I understand that McKenzie’s front is better then FC must play better. FC just had too many athletes for Dresden to keep up with. But that could change Friday. Well see if City’s Coach’s can fix the penalties and the O-Line. Definitely not short on size, speed, and talent for City. Can the coaches have them ready to play a clean game minus the stupid penalties? We will see. If City gets their act together both in coaching and player discipline I like their chances. 

This has been a collision course game all season. Factoring in the travel for Fayetteville and the home field definitely gives a little advantage to Mckenzie, I'll say the Rebels of Mckenzie win by 13-14 points. Mckenzie is good in all 3 phases of the game and if they get up a couple of tds early, then I don't think Fayetteville will be able to catch up. Good players on both teams, but I believe Mckenzie is a better all-around team. 

Edited by LetsGoBrandon

Here we are game of the yr. Hard one to pick a winner in could go either way. If city plays how they did vs Dresden (not sure if they were looking ahead)  then they will have a long trip back home. City play calling was awful last week they should've scored at will but the OC crippled them all night. On the flip side this is not a good matchup for Mckenzie with City being the most athletic team they've played all year much like last yr when Citys defense held Mckenzie to a season low. I feel the winner of this one will win by 2 or 3 TDs this year but that comes late in the 2nd half. 

This game will be physical and a blood bath gonna be a heck of a contest. That said I have to go with City I just think they've had this one circled much like that Red Bank game. The three hr bus ride and knowing how last season ended vs this team and Mckenzie having home field advantage just gives the tigers a load of motivation. City will have a different feel and look in their eyes come friday night wont be the same team who played vs Dresden. 

Kj Jackson steals the show in this one much like he did vs SP and sends City to thanksgiving week. He gets his touches for sure this week in creative ways and look for them to take advantage with Thomison being a mismatch on both sides. 

Fayetteville -36

McKenzie - 21

On 11/12/2022 at 1:34 PM, Rocketboy21 said:

Haven’t seen either play. But have kept up with both. McKenzie in this one. Fayetteville isn’t as good as they look on paper. RedBank was overrated, and they run up the scores in all their games. It classless and they won’t be able to fool McKenzie. Also home field will play an advantage. 

Red Bank is still in the playoffs, and so is Lewis Co. Upperman made it to round two, put out by the only team other than Fayetteville to give Red Bank a regular season loss. As far as "running up the scores".....I'm not seeing your point. How is Fayetteville any more classless than McKenzie for their scores? In fact, McKenzie's average game is 48.2 to 7.8 while Fayetteville's is 48.7 to 11.8...and against a tougher schedule.