Gordonsville @ Clay Co Part 2. THE REMATCH

TheBlueprint

2 hours ago, Roooster said:

Scored 3 TD’s last time. And if our play calling was a little better on that last drive. We were about score #4

About to is not one. Clay gave Gordonsville one before half. Should have ran clock out up 12-7 before half. Passed the ball on last possession when they should’ve run the ball. Not scored more than 21 points on this clay team and not since 2018 I believe.

Edited by Dog13

I’m curious to see how the Tiger passing attack fairs IF Clay is able to get up a few scores and maybe force the Tigers out of ground and pound.  The last two passes for Gville on John Teeples Field were INTs.  But then again there were two passing TDs prior to that with another that should’ve been, so maybe I’m not too curious to see how the passing might go.  3 is capable of hurting a team with his arm or legs, a good player.  5 is a beast, but 3, 34, 16, 32, 4, 15 can all get it done at any time too.

45 minutes ago, Boarhog said:

Wouldn’t nothing too bad with the play calling, had it 1st and goal at the 4, prior to the personal foul.

Not true lol. The play that the personal foul happened was 2nd down from about the 20. And we got down to the 4 on the play but with the personal foul it backed us up to the 19. So it SHOULD have been first and goal from the 4 without the personal foul

It's amazing how we can be blinded by our team loyalties.

Clay fans think they should've won by a couple of scores. Gville fans think they should've won.

The game is 48 minutes, but for some reason we always focus on one or two plays. 

A different play call or outcome here or there and the game could've been drastically different either way.

I think Gville outgained Clay by about 80 yards the previous game, yet Clay came out on top due to turnovers. I feel that if we don't give the ball away, we'll be alright.

Defensively our game plan likely needs to be a little different as Clay did more Friday to get the ball to #44, which wasn't the case in the previous game.

16 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

It's amazing how we can be blinded by our team loyalties.

Clay fans think they should've won by a couple of scores. Gville fans think they should've won.

The game is 48 minutes, but for some reason we always focus on one or two plays. 

A different play call or outcome here or there and the game could've been drastically different either way.

I think Gville outgained Clay by about 80 yards the previous game, yet Clay came out on top due to turnovers. I feel that if we don't give the ball away, we'll be alright.

Defensively our game plan likely needs to be a little different as Clay did more Friday to get the ball to #44, which wasn't the case in the previous game.

What is #5 status for this game?

I believe he missed all the 4th quarter against us or most of it? 

25 minutes ago, Roooster said:

Not true lol. The play that the personal foul happened was 2nd down from about the 20. And we got down to the 4 on the play but with the personal foul it backed us up to the 19. So it SHOULD have been first and goal from the 4 without the personal foul

Yeah I know.  Sorry I wrote it weird.  Point is, the ball got to the four on the drive, in what would’ve been first and goal.  If sorry playing calling gets the ball to that point on every drive before players take it away with penalties then I guess I’d take sorry play calling all day long.

5 minutes ago, Boarhog said:

Yeah I know.  Sorry I wrote it weird.  Point is, the ball got to the four on the drive, in what would’ve been first and goal.  If sorry playing calling gets the ball to that point on every drive before players take it away with penalties then I guess I’d take sorry play calling all day long.

The play calls I didn’t understand were the play calls after that penalty. Also I do agree with Croz. These are both very good football teams and everything that happens in the 48 minutes decides to outcome of the game. You guys made less mistakes than we did last game and that’s why you won. But I believe, being as objective as possible, if both teams play without mistakes then I give the boys in blue the upper hand. But we will find out who can score more points on Friday night

13 hours ago, croz6110 said:

I've heard conflicting stories so no sure. Although in my opinion, he's more of a loss on defense.

I agree he is a beast on the edge and disciplined. The midline option that Gordy found in the late 3rd through the 4th quarter would be much more of a problem if Clay has to deal with it all game. I expect to see it early and if effective they may see it all night.