Gordonsville @ Clay Co Part 2. THE REMATCH

TheBlueprint

7 minutes ago, Boarhog said:

I saw a couple of posts that referenced 5 getting hurt for Gordonsville against South Pitt.  Any details on that?  I certainly hope that young man is alright.  As far as I know Clay is at full health.  Both teams deserve to be at their full strength for this matchup.

Shoulder injury for sure. It didn't look good. With that Said,  you better believe #5 will want to  try to give it a go.  

Should be a great game again and will be hard to beat Clay in Celina.

The depth and numbers of Gordonsville are obviously huge strengths in this game.  Clay has 8 guys that play basically every snap of the game.  We saw that play a role in Gordonsville’s last possession in the prior game, when they drove the field with the run game before stalling at the 4 with the personal foul call that backed them up to the 19.  We saw the same thing factor into the playoff win at Turney Ford in 2020 when the Tigers drove the field with Holt packing the pigskin on virtually every play to win the game.  That being said, this is the Dawgs year.  8 guys playing every snap or not, the Black and Gold get it done!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Govolss said:

Shoulder injury for sure. It didn't look good. With that Said,  you better believe #5 will want to  try to give it a go.  

Hopefully he can play. I know #54 for Clay has been banged up but played tonight as well.

3 minutes ago, Govolss said:

I hope he gets to.  Sounds a lot like when 54 for us, partially separated his shoulder early against you guys and played the rest of the game with his arm basically hanging limp at his side.

11 hours ago, Govolss said:

That makes sense. I didn’t realize he went out a few plays before but I told @piratetomlast  night I would have given that guy 30 carries and said here it is stop it. I don’t know if we would had. I wish him well. I liked how he played.

Edited by powerp

2 hours ago, powerp said:

That makes sense. I didn’t realize he went out a few plays before but I told @piratetomlast. night I would have given that guy 30 Carrie’s and said here it is stop it. I don’t know if we would had. I wish him well. I liked how he played.

If he had gotten 30 carries last night, he may not be available next week, and they need him.