Gordonsville @ Clay Co Part 2. THE REMATCH

TheBlueprint

52 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

The field looks good, but what shape is it in?

From 40 to 40 between the hashes it’s pretty bare.  It’s dried out well, but there’s definitely not much of a base left in that area.  Outside of that it’s still got a good layer of grass.  Shouldn’t factor in things either way I don’t believe.

I know Gville has the numbers to do a lot of subbing, and that they like to bring guys in and out. Also heard they have very little crossover of players playing on both sides of the ball. With that being said, it's going to be a cold night on the river, do players being on the sideline getting stiff hurt them in anyway?

1 minute ago, Boarhog said:

From 40 to 40 between the hashes it’s pretty bare.  It’s dried out well, but there’s definitely not much of a base left in that area.  Outside of that it’s still got a good layer of grass.  Shouldn’t factor in things either way I don’t believe.

That basketball gym will be awfully cozy on Monday :D

There are some Gordonsville teams in the past that would show up to Celina in a bad mood ready to run the football and play defense. I have no clue what to expect tonight. This team has been up and down this year. Like I've said across multiple threads all year, I still believe Gordonsville's A game is better than South Pitt and Celina's A game. I reckin we will see what's gonna happen in a few hours.

3 minutes ago, Bigfella said:

I know Gville has the numbers to do a lot of subbing, and that they like to bring guys in and out. Also heard they have very little crossover of players playing on both sides of the ball. With that being said, it's going to be a cold night on the river, do players being on the sideline getting stiff hurt them in anyway?

In my opinion, they got a little closer to playing their best 11 on each side of the ball last week with more than usual playing both sides

13 minutes ago, Govolss said:

Game will be on upper cumberland  reporter facebook page.. they do a great job

Yes, they do a wonderful job, all of their guys do. I was switching back and forth between the Monterey and Upperman games last week on UC reporter. Definitely a great resource to have for all of the UC fans. 

11 minutes ago, RoundLickRonnie said:

Can. Not. Wait. Good luck to both teams from this purple tiger! Hope its injury free.  

It’s going to be a good one Ronnie, I got Clay by 7 both these senior classes have competed since they strapped a helmet on and this one is for everything!  It will be dependent on if Gordy can stop the edges on both O and D. Clay has better skill players, Gordy has a better line. I look for Clay to get outside all night, where Gordy keeps it between the hashes and doesn’t throw as much as last time since it’s ultimately what got them beat last game. If #5 for Gordy plays he better buckle up it’s going to be a bumpy ride. That field feels like a ton of bricks when it gets below freezing.