Quarter finals Blackman@Oakland

ttitan27

3 hours ago, Vol9093 said:

True. Elijah hold an offer from EKU as a DB. Georgia wanted Justin as a Safety. I think that's where he'll play wherever he goes. Jacob played both ways at Ensworth and just picked up offers from Liberty and Virginia Tech this past week. Not sure where they want him to play though. This roster is stacked! Gonna come down to coaching. 

If Blackman will step up and play like they are not intimidated by anyone then I think this will be a much different looking game than the previous matchup . Certainly proud of the team and coaches and looking fwd to seeing them grow .

Oakland is balanced. Hewitt has 1,200 yards passing and almost 600 rushing. Blackman will need to pressure and contain. They have two other players with over 500 yards rushing, the team as a whole has almost 3,300 yards rushing. It's coming at you from somewhere, but where? On the receiving side Hewitt has two main targets that each have over 400 yards receiving. All this said, the D Line and LB for Blackman are going to have to dial it up and play nasty. On Defense - Oakland is nasty, especially the LBs who account for 173 of the teams 372 solo tackles. Add that to 40 sacks and 7 interceptions.

Blackman on the other side is becoming more balanced. Everyone knows Risner can throw - almost 2,500 for the year so far along with the WR / TE group who account for over 2,000 yards receiving. Since the starting RB went down earlier in the season, they have rotated a lot of people in the backfield. The key will be O-Line play, can they man up against the Oakland D - they need to be the Hogs (of 80's - 90's Redskin, wait Washinton, no Commanders - whatever the heck they are). On D - the LBs have to find some "nasty", Brown does not need to be the leading tackler on the team Friday - if he is, it could be a long night.

I think it will be closer than the first and I believe Blackman can win, but they must execute, control penalties, no turnovers and make some stops.

That is all - you may continue with regular schedule broadcasting.

Edited by CougarDadx2

On 11/15/2022 at 8:50 AM, Augustus said:

All that you have stated I agree with, but Tygard needs to get away from the "onside" kicks and begin thinking field position football.  The Blackman roster is much  more talented overall than Oakland's.  Make them play from behind.

I mean if that's the case, then Tygard should be embarrassed for losing by the mercy rule to such an inferior roster

On 11/15/2022 at 8:50 AM, Augustus said:

All that you have stated I agree with, but Tygard needs to get away from the "onside" kicks and begin thinking field position football.  The Blackman roster is much  more talented overall than Oakland's.  Make them play from behind.

No one who knows anything about football actually believes this... 

Blackman will beat Oakland again at some point. Will it be this year, next year, 10 years from now, who knows. Unless it’s Smyrna/Lavergne .. every streak comes to an end. Creasy is the best coach in the state and a tough nut to crack. This will come down to the players. If oakland overlooks Blackman like they did CPA.. anything is possible 

37 minutes ago, DawgsPBS said:

the skill players are 100% mote talented on Blackman’s side. The linemen are more talented on Oakland’s side. 

I agree that some of the skill players are better in some aspects but not all.  Blackman qb has a 4 star arm.  However, I will take the Oakland QB Hewitt over him every time.  Hewitt has a good arm and when he tucks and runs you better buckle everything up good beause he will make you pay.  Blackman qb is not mobile whatsoever.  It simply isn't part of his skill set which limits him greatly in my opinion.  Blackman tight end is tremendously talented and yes is better than just about anyone he has faced.  Then I believe you guys have one or two recievers that are really good as well.  Better than Collins for Oakland?  I'm gonna give that one a toss up.  Collins is great in all three phases.  Offense, defense and special teams.  He is absolutely deadly on returns.  Now the other 70-80 players on Oakland and the other 70-80 players on Blackman or however many each team has I will give the advantage to Oakland without question.  Those Oakland kids have been beating all those other kids in Rutherford county sensless since middle school.  

Tygard is a good coach.  That's it.  Good.  Creasy is a great coach.  Huge advantage Oakland.  When Tygard goes out and starts winning state championships as a HC then I will give him his due but until then.  Meh.

20 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

I agree that some of the skill players are better in some aspects but not all.  Blackman qb has a 4 star arm.  However, I will take the Oakland QB Hewitt over him every time.  Hewitt has a good arm and when he tucks and runs you better buckle everything up good beause he will make you pay.  Blackman qb is not mobile whatsoever.  It simply isn't part of his skill set which limits him greatly in my opinion.  Blackman tight end is tremendously talented and yes is better than just about anyone he has faced.  Then I believe you guys have one or two recievers that are really good as well.  Better than Collins for Oakland?  I'm gonna give that one a toss up.  Collins is great in all three phases.  Offense, defense and special teams.  He is absolutely deadly on returns.  Now the other 70-80 players on Oakland and the other 70-80 players on Blackman or however many each team has I will give the advantage to Oakland without question.  Those Oakland kids have been beating all those other kids in Rutherford county sensless since middle school.  

Tygard is a good coach.  That's it.  Good.  Creasy is a great coach.  Huge advantage Oakland.  When Tygard goes out and starts winning state championships as a HC then I will give him his due but until then.  Meh.

Perfectly said. 

18 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

Nice assessment..Kade Hewitt is a dog on the field. I still can’t believe Riverdale chose daddy coach Holcomb over him smh.  Justin Brown and Jacob Page are both better then any Oakland WR. 

100% agree Creasy is a great coach. He has the system in place, the machine keeps rolling and he makes the best halftime adjustments. Tygard has been there 2 years. 5-5 to 10-2. Has not proven he is ‘great’ yet.. but moving in the right direction. 

middle school level, Oakland is equal to Blackman. Blackman middle coach has won 3 championships and been to 7. About equal to Oakland. The difference to date.. Blackman has had 4 HC’s during Creasy’s tenure.