Page at Nolensville: The Rematch

Knights21

3 hours ago, TeeterTot2 said:

This is a perfect example of the ole "we would have beat yall if our team could have stopped yall" line.

It is, and I’ll gladly say it however many times I need to… we passed for over 300. Id say that qualifies as  “not stopping” someone. In that facet.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

I’ll say this much. I ain’t underestimating either Henry County or Springfield next week. I saw that Henry County squad first hand last year. As tough and physical a team that I’ve seen in recent years. This year is no different. 

Have to focus on the task at hand right now, though. A huge game against Nolensville. What worries me the most is that the Knights seem like they’ve only improved since the first game and they are very tough. Good in all three phases and super talented.  

I think that game against Mt. Juliet last was crucial for many reasons. The way those kids stuck together, kept playing, and found a way to win was super impressive. I was super proud of them and I bet they’re gonna learn from the mistakes made in that game and make sure they don’t happen again. I also bet they still haven’t forgotten the way the first game against Nolensville played out. They’re going to be ready for this rematch. Those coaches have done a great job all season all season and I’m excited to see them show what they can do once again this Friday night. It is going to be a great high school football game. 

16 hours ago, Knights21 said:

Haha.  Why not 2-0?  Didn't think Page and Nolensville had been good at football long enough to inspire hatred. :) I guess they've arrived.

I hate Page more than Nolensville! Hope it's the worst game imaginable for fans. Ending with a Page fumble followed by the ugliest field goal ever kicked to win the game. 

4 hours ago, Twistedwedge said:

I will go ahead and say it. If Knox West beats Daniel Boone Friday night they win state no problem.

Knox West has been dominant all year and beat some very good teams.  I don't think they'll have a hard time getting to Chattanooga and will be the heavy favorite there.  If the west teams are only playing for silver, so be it.  That still makes for a great season.  But I don't think any of the west teams will go down easy.

4 hours ago, Twistedwedge said:

I will go ahead and say it. If Knox West beats Daniel Boone Friday night they win state no problem.

I think all four west teams are better than Boone. Actually, all the teams remaining may be better than Boone. Plus, don’t sleep in Powell.