Class A Favorites and Sleepers

RexKwonDo

Pickett Co and Clay Co will be at the state. Clarkrange didn't make the region last year and will be 3rd or 4th in the district this year. I haven't seen Clay Co but Pickett Co has only lost to 2, 3A teams. Friday they beat a Kentucky school on that team's home court and that school has 4 times as many students as PC. PC has been to Murfreesboro 5 out of the last 7 years and lost to the eventual state champion each time. This is their best team in years.

Edited by bobcatfan300

On 12/12/2022 at 12:22 AM, bobcatfan300 said:

Pickett Co and Clay Co will be at the state. Clarkrange didn't make the region last year and will be 3rd or 4th in the district this year. I haven't seen Clay Co but Pickett Co has only lost to 2, 3A teams. Friday they beat a Kentucky school on that team's home court and that school has 4 times as many students as PC. PC has been to Murfreesboro 5 out of the last 7 years and lost to the eventual state champion each time. This is their best team in years.

I’m not a fan of ether. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see Clarkrange win the district. Both Clarkrange and Pickett lost to Cumberland and LA but Pickett lost by a wider margin and Clay Co can’t be very good they lost to a not very good Cloalfield team. I think it all depends on what teams show up come tournament time.

1 hour ago, westtn12 said:

Saw where GC beat Mckenzie tonight at McKenzie. I’d say that’s a pretty big win over the defending state champs. 

Good win for GC. Their pressure was relentless last four minutes. Proud of them. The girl that was taking Davis’ place had several three’s. If they get healthy and I pray they do they will be hard to beat. They are a great basketball team. Very fun team to watch. Shoot the lights out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Good win for GC. Their pressure was relentless last four minutes. Proud of them. The girl that was taking Davis’ place had several three’s. If they get healthy and I pray they do they will be hard to beat. They are a great basketball team. Very fun team to watch. Shoot the lights out.

Good to meet you, Pioneer. It was fun game to watch. GC really dialed up the pressure late, and created several turnovers.  You guys will go far.

6 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

Good to meet you, Pioneer. It was fun game to watch. GC really dialed up the pressure late, and created several turnovers.  You guys will go far.

Appreciate it and nice to meet you as well. The girl that took Davis’ spot really lit us up. I know y’all have had some bad luck with injuries and I pray y’all get better. The girls that are playing now that normally wouldn’t play as much are going to make your team even better when Davis gets back. Tells you how good your team is competing like you are without a Miss Basketball winner. The Reynolds’ girls are great players among others. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Appreciate it and nice to meet you as well. The girl that took Davis’ spot really lit us up. I know y’all have had some bad luck with injuries and I pray y’all get better. The girls that are playing now that normally wouldn’t play as much are going to make your team even better when Davis gets back. Tells you how good your team is competing like you are without a Miss Basketball winner. The Reynolds’ girls are great players among others. 

Confirmed to me yesterday that Dillingham has a ACL injury from Henry County game last Friday.  She was the 6th player off the bench before Davis got hurt.  So the tally is 2 ACL's, and a broken hand.