Coalfield @ Clay County

OldTownRoad

I think it's closer than everyone thinks. I say it's close for the first half. Clay pulls away in 2nd half. 

Also agree on the fact that Coalfield overachieving with it's enrollment. Went to baseball states last year and semi-finals this year in football. Pretty amazing when they have like 40 kids per grade. Cole Hines is a stud. One of the best athletes in single A sports. 

Fist of all let me say congrats to both teams for getting this far. Clay, congrats for enduring through many losses and to finally make it this far with a trip to the State Championship in sight.  Once you get there anything can happen, as we SP people know from last year when we won it all.  I think Clay wins this game by 21-28 points, but they have to keep there mind on this game and not look ahead. BTW, if anyone out there is ever up in the Celina area I would say please go and spend some time at Dale Hollow. One of the most prettiest area's and lake that God ever put on the earth.  PowerP and me have spent some good time up there boating and jet skiing. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, sportman said:

Fist of all let me say congrats to both teams for getting this far. Clay, congrats for enduring through many losses and to finally make it this far with a trip to the State Championship in sight.  Once you get there anything can happen, as we SP people know from last year when we won it all.  I think Clay wins this game by 21-28 points, but they have to keep there mind on this game and not look ahead. BTW, if anyone out there is ever up in the Celina area I would say please go and spend some time at Dale Hollow. One of the most prettiest area's and lake that God ever put on the earth.  PowerP and me have spent some good time up there boating and jet skiing. 

Used to go there once a year for Smallmouth fishing.

3 hours ago, sportman said:

I've probably fished the holler at least 500 times over the years...got alot of real good friends up there. I'm tickled for them.

4 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I think it's closer than everyone thinks. I say it's close for the first half. Clay pulls away in 2nd half. 

Also agree on the fact that Coalfield overachieving with it's enrollment. Went to baseball states last year and semi-finals this year in football. Pretty amazing when they have like 40 kids per grade. Cole Hines is a stud. One of the best athletes in single A sports. 

I agree, I think the Celina boys are gonna have to get hit a few time before they really start playing. I hope that I am wrong, but could see the game starting that way.